Post pics of your smoker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine - I used it every weekend and it works like a dream!

AyawxeICYAAKxNZ.jpg

Here's mine.

sOQolUB.jpg

Did a smoked beer can chicken on as a first smoke to get used to it with some hickory & pecan. My wife wouldn't stop raving about how good the chicken was, and stole all the leftovers for herself :drunk: lesson learned, next time do two chickens at once.

OpL2Tif.jpg

I call her "Grillestate" because she has nearly 1500 square inches of grill space.

TheFinishedProduct.jpg
[/IMG]

The second is my dad's old kamado-style cast iron cooker he used extensively while I was growing up. I restored it just over a year ago, and she still brings it on the smaller jobs!

IMG_1786.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

Stupid photos rotated for no reason! :mad:

One day we decided we wanted to cook a whole pig. $25 in materials and hundreds of dollars in beer and pizza later we had this

46927_154943981189248_645724_n.jpg

60540_158271320856514_844265_n.jpg

46058_152272114789768_1771291_n.jpg

Ahhh, my old, trusty, WSM. :)
wsmsmile8gm.gif
wsmsmile8gm.gif
wsmsmile8gm.gif
wsmsmile8gm.gif
wsmsmile8gm.gif

284565_10150384411617178_4379536_n.jpg

487921_10151258827727178_281311173_n.jpg

554124_10151265056827178_1987709243_n.jpg

487759_10151706027622178_621440922_n.jpg

395126_10151550437967178_100769958_n.jpg

644119_10151538955257178_421122815_n.jpg

577166_10151265059762178_1655632103_n.jpg

bbq7.jpg

532148_10151257367167178_185544364_n.jpg

Those are just some of the items I've made on it. I love making ABTs, briskets, short ribs, turkeys, chickens, pork butt on that thing! Even smoked cheese.

I built this smoker from a hospital blanket warmer.

Replaced the original electrical element with a 240 volt 2400 watt unit and PID temperature controller.

Then smoke generator uses hardwood pellets that are augered into the burner from a hopper on the outside.

It has tight sealing doors so I just installed it in my brewery. Makes for care-free year-round smoking and its close to the homebrew. :)

2012-03-20 06 41 58.jpg

18.5". I got her 5 years ago. That thing still makes great food. I love it.

Nice! I was asking because I was worried about fitting more than two racks of ribs on the 18, but I see you managed fine fitting three. Perfect. Its been on my amazon wish list for about a year now.

Thanks!

Nice! I was asking because I was worried about fitting more than two racks of ribs on the 18, but I see you managed fine fitting three. Perfect. Its been on my amazon wish list for about a year now.

Thanks!

Paul, there are FOUR racks of ribs in that picture! :ban:

I've done 8 or 9 (can't recall) racks of spares on my 18.5" WSM. Get rib racks so you can stand them on their sides. There are some out there that can double as a roasting rack and are a good tool to have around.

You can certainly try for 10. You can put 4 racks in the rib-racks I have. And if you want to get crazy, you can dump a rack on top of those (5 total per rack).

Do the same on the lower grate, and you have 10 racks.

Made some modifications to my CharGriller to make it more efficient. Still have some work to do but I think its going to work great.

ForumRunner_20130407_144314.jpg

Tnoodle said:
Made some modifications to my CharGriller to make it more efficient. Still have some work to do but I think its going to work great.

Is that the functional location for the firebox?

Yeah I put a piece of plate steel in the bottom of the cooking chamber to diffuse the smoke and keep the heat from directly hitting the food.

Tnoodle said:
Yeah I put a piece of plate steel in the bottom of the cooking chamber to diffuse the smoke and keep the heat from directly hitting the food.

Cool. My firebox is still on the side but I've also added plates to spread the heat across the grate. I've also added a fireplace rope around the lid and an extended chimney down to grate level.

I've got to where I don't smoke much anymore though. I'm looking for a new home for her.

Cool. My firebox is still on the side but I've also added plates to spread the heat across the grate. I've also added a fireplace rope around the lid and an extended chimney down to grate level.

I've got to where I don't smoke much anymore though. I'm looking for a new home for her.

I got bored and wanted to try something new. I haven't seen another design like this, we'll see how it works.

Awesome set ups! Anyone running a pellet smoker? Been thinking of getting one but not sure what to get.

Chargriller w/sidebox. Added 2nd axle and pneumatic tires. Main chamber is baffled and brick lined. Not this pretty now...this was when nearly new.

smoker.jpg

Chargriller w/sidebox. Added 2nd axle and pneumatic tires. Main chamber is baffled and brick lined. Not this pretty now...this was when nearly new.

Mine isn't the prettiest girl at the prom but she can dance.

I got an 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain about a year ago. It's been fun as hell smoking on, but it was time to upgrade to something that could do double duty as a smoker AND grill.

So, earlier today at lunch I placed an order for the Yoder YS640. Should be some serious fun.

Awesome set ups! Anyone running a pellet smoker? Been thinking of getting one but not sure what to get.

What's your budget like? Be prepared to put in around a grand or more for one that's good and that will last. Beware -- Traeger is considered crap in the world of pellet smokers.

I just ordered a Yoder, but the other brands I was also looking at were Green Mountain Grills and Mak, as well as Rec Tec.

What's your budget like? Be prepared to put in around a grand or more for one that's good and that will last. Beware -- Traeger is considered crap in the world of pellet smokers.

I just ordered a Yoder, but the other brands I was also looking at were Green Mountain Grills and Mak, as well as Rec Tec.

Don't forget Fast Eddy, this is one mean machine!

media.nl

Check here for all the info you need on pellet grills/smokers.

Sweet! Yea I've been kicking the idea around for about a year but still haven't bit. I pretty much have it down to the Yoder ys480 and the rec tec. The rec tec is made in china but seems like it might have a better controller? Could be wrong, still doing research. Love the looks of the Yoder, seems super heavy duty. Only thing local I have access to is the Louisiana grills, and they seem pretty pricey for what you get.

Back