What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do some serious brewing my friend. Ill take one of each when they are ready. ;)

The porter-ish beer will be ready in a week or two. The one I brewed today should be ready by xmas next year...or at least ready to blend. I bottled a farmhouse esb last night that should be killer. When I moved it to the 'warm room' aka bedroom closet, I realized I have 4 batches in there. I used to have a drinking problem. Now I have a hobby. :drunk:

My first ever censored thanks Allen!

ForumRunner_20130418_193534.png

So much for not bottling tonight. Was about to go to sleep when I remembered I had left some dough out that needed to go in the fridge. Beer wasn't too happy in the bucket. Blowoff for the new beer was too small. Much better caught tonight than in the am.

More flat porter! Not bad for being brewed a week ago.

This is my first experience with Port Brewing and I've got to say I am well pleased. Dank resinous hops in the nose balanced by malty sweetness. Aroma translates well into the flavor with a nice balance of malty sweetness and hop flavor up front. Medium-full body with a caramel sweetness. Strong bitterness, semi-harsh, but works well for the level of maltiness. Finishes semi-sweet with a very prominent bitterness. Very nice double red.

20130418_214000.jpg

Swarley88 said:
Don't you love sitting down to a growler in a night? Have a couple other beers in between and you got yourself a nice little evening.:rockin:

Not gonna lie... Pretty glad I don't work til 11 tomorrow. Which with commute means I have to get up at 9. So yeah, thank god for small miracles.

This is my first experience with Port Brewing and I've got to say I am well pleased. Dank resinous hops in the nose balanced by malty sweetness. Aroma translates well into the flavor with a nice balance of malty sweetness and hop flavor up front. Medium-full body with a caramel sweetness. Strong bitterness, semi-harsh, but works well for the level of maltiness. Finishes semi-sweet with a very prominent bitterness. Very nice double red.

I like their stuff too - High Tide and Wipeout are very respectable IPAs. And Old Viscosity (or Older Viscosity) is a different beer I think you'd enjoy.

More simcoe/amarillo IPA. gonna sleep good tonight. Better stop here since I gotta be up at 5am. Helps the pain from this gash though

ForumRunner_20130418_212419.png

My own cider. This batch doesn't hold a candle to the previous one though. I've got to go back through my notes and figure out why. They are almost the same recipe.

More simcoe/amarillo IPA. gonna sleep good tonight. Better stop here since I gotta be up at 5am. Helps the pain from this gash though

Apologies if this got brought up in past pages (this thread moves so quickly), but WTF happened?

Me, I'm drinking a bomber of my Hefe before calling it a night.

Been drinking some very hard cider at a popular LHBS ... feeling pretty good right now

Apologies if this got brought up in past pages (this thread moves so quickly), but WTF happened?

Me, I'm drinking a bomber of my Hefe before calling it a night.

Got mrsa on my back somehow I don't know. Had to spend 5days in the hospital and have surgery to remove the infection. Good times...

Hear we go again. ;)

We don't need no education We don't need no thought control No dark sarcasm in the classroom Teachers leave them kids alone Hey! teachers! leave the kids alone!

Wrong album........ :D
Having a Greenbush Closure before lights out

Had a couple 24oz'rs with vodka last night to celebrate state tax refund. Raining so car work is out. Got my grains & hops out of the fridge & freezer warming up a little before crushing the grains for my NZ IPA. Drank some coffee with cigs to wake up a little since rising at 7:25am.

You can't tell from this picture, but this beer is overlooking Boylston Street, a quarter mile from the finish line of the Boston Marathon. The reason I can drink this beer is because there are twelve police officers outside, standing on the street corners, giving advice to citizens, looking for suspects, risking their lives. What makes it even more incredible is that most of these men and women are not from Boston, they're from surrounding cities and towns, and most of them have worked successive twelve-hour shifts, often longer.

This beer's for them.

image-3332506847.jpg

Checking on the bottled portion of my DIPA.
Bottled 3/20. 10.2% ABV equals no carbonation yet. There was the slightest little psstt when I opened it. It will be a while before this stuff is carbed. Next time I brew this, I need to make sure my 5 gallon keg is available so I can keg the entire batch.

image-2561292527.jpg

Atleast it still tastes good.

Checking on the bottled portion of my DIPA.
Bottled 3/20. 10.2% ABV equals no carbonation yet. There was the slightest little psstt when I opened it. It will be a while before this stuff is carbed. Next time I brew this, I need to make sure my 5 gallon keg is available so I can keg the entire batch.

View attachment 116555

Atleast it still tastes good.
you roll the bottles?

Back