Rebrewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidboswell

Reaction score
I'm back to brewing after a three year hiatus. We've been moving every 10-12 months due to my wife's work and have finally settled in a place where I know we will be here three years. We still haven't unpacked, but I'm brewing this weekend. I was doing all grain batch sparging when I left off, but after a Perry which is in primary now, I'm doing an extract batch with grains to work out my process and figure out how to work in the new house. I will do an all grain batch within a month.

Welcome back!! It isn't fun moving with brews. The last place I was in, was only there six months, so had to pack up eight carboys and half-dozen cases to the new residence. Long distance moves?

Welcome back!!

Long distance moves?

Thanks.

Yes they were long distance. I brewed in VA, moved to NC with three loaded carboys, a half dozen full corny kegs, and all my equipment (and I've got a ton of it including a 4 tap keg-o-rator). I moved from NC to NY with one carboy and all my equipment. I recently moved from NY to TN with that one full one carboy and all my equipment.

The one full carboy that has moved thrice is an Apple Butter Cyser that I think is about ready and should be bottled soon.

Back