I made a simple Android app for calculating ABV w/ temp correction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CUB4N

Reaction score
Here is a link to it in the play store. I also have a copy available to download via my dropbox account that I strongly recommend you download first to make sure it works on your device or if you just want to use the app.

Here is a link to the download for the .apk (filetype used for apps, much like a .exe for windows/mac/linux) for the VERY SAME AND IDENTICAL NOTHING IS DIFFERENT ABOUT IT app that you can download. Do not feel obligated to buy the paid version. It is only there if you want to donate a little bit of money to me for developing this app. In order to be able to install this app, you need to allow your phone to install apps from unknown sources. It will warn you about vulnerabilities of doing this because the apps you may download and install will not be verified by the google play store but this app requires no permissions (i.e. internet access or access to any personal data) so there is nothing to worry about here. A tutorial on how to enable this setting can be found here

This is my very first android app that I have developed and I would love to have some feedback on what you think I did right and wrong. I have come across a few idea's that if I can learn how to implement, I may add to this app. So far on my list to do in order is adding a refractometer calculator and customizable hydrometer calibration temperatures. And maybe getting an email report for any data you confirm and send to keep for your own records for initial and final gravity readings. Maybe an editable text area for you to add some notes and such. I haven't decided yet but its all a processes.

But I digress. Here you have it. Download it and use it. Tell me what you think. Enjoy!

Link to my original reddit post. http://www.reddit.com/r/Homebrewing/comments/1ghc53/so_i_made_a_simple_android_app_for_calculating/

Back