Alabama Homebrew Legislation 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Alabama homebrewers! Hope to see some more of you at Emerald Coast Beer fest this year

There's a group of ex-felons meeting at the Straight to Ale taproom right now. Feel free to head that way!

Look for the rowdy bunch of folks.

Con-friggin-cratulations Alabama! I guess now I don't have to worry about telling people where I was when I started brewing!

Congrats to all the homebrewers in Alabama! Hopefully I'll meet up with some homebrew folk next time I visit my folks in Auburn.

HB9 has been signed by the governor.

https://twitter.com/alahomebrewing/status/332632224795095040

You're legal!

In your face, Mississippi! I'm legal, you're not! Well, at least I will be after tonight when I drink about 15 gallons of surplus brew in the household. That's right, ALCAP, you see what you're making me do?

But seriously, Mississippi, you've done well. I have to admit that I'd be willing to wait a couple months if I could get your limits instead of ours. Not that I'm really worried about it; I might not drink more than a couple gallons tonight.

Orthobrewsky said:
In your face, Mississippi! I'm legal, you're not! Well, at least I will be after tonight when I drink about 15 gallons of surplus brew in the household. That's right, ALCAP, you see what you're making me do?

But seriously, Mississippi, you've done well. I have to admit that I'd be willing to wait a couple months if I could get your limits instead of ours. Not that I'm really worried about it; I might not drink more than a couple gallons tonight.

Orthobrewsky, a real university and big home brew limits are just 90 miles west on 82. ;)

The Alabama limits are workable. The only one I ever break is the storage when aging or saving beer for a party.

My wife is happy. She says that she is glad that she is no longer harboring illegal activity.

Having a White House Honey Ale in celebration. It somehow seems appropriate...

... It's just a shame it essentially cockblocks aging variation (or at least strangles it...) and lessens the appeal of lambic due to it's time commitments.

Just "brew it" and store it at your neighbours house :D

Orthobrewsky, a real university and big home brew limits are just 90 miles west on 82. ;)

The Alabama limits are workable. The only one I ever break is the storage when aging or saving beer for a party.

What? There's a university in Mississippi? When did this happen? I'm going to have to look this up. ;)

Happy brewing!

Seems to be a lot of trash talking going on after the fact...

I'm just glad that we are all legal now:D

CGVT said:
Seems to be a lot of trash talking going on after the fact...

I'm just glad that we are all legal now:D

I wonder if any of y'all have beers entered in the Golden Triangle Brewers War of the Wort. If so, we will be finishing judging on May 18 and will have an after party and awards ceremony starting at 5:30pm. A local distributor is providing a Tall Grass firkin. Come out and celebrate with us.

Yeah, Jethro Clampett went there, remember?

And where did Forrest Gump go?

Our distinguished holder of the Jethro Clampett Professorship didn't think of that comeback, so I knew I had to help him out.

Just for the record, I did not attend the school from which Forrest graduated, but I did go there for Boy's State; I was a pretend Representative. When someone wanted to allow some exotic foods to enter the state, I said "What's wrong with the chitlins we got? They et purty good don't they?"

Hey now... Cut Alvin some slack. He extracted his proverbial head and gave us support this year. Sure he dropped some foolish comments this year too but I can't speak bad of the man.

I wonder if big box stores in Alabama might start carrying brewing gear and/or supplies?

You could buy Mr Beer kits in Sears, Walmart, Beds, Bath and Beyond and several other places here for a while. Not sure if they didn't know or didn't care that it was illegal

I wonder if any of y'all have beers entered in the Golden Triangle Brewers War of the Wort. If so, we will be finishing judging on May 18 and will have an after party and awards ceremony starting at 5:30pm. A local distributor is providing a Tall Grass firkin. Come out and celebrate with us.

I'd love to drive up and meet you all, but it's quite a drive from Spanish Fort.

Maybe for the Monster Mash...

Just got an email reply back from Rep. Mac McCutcheon and I don't think he would mind me sharing this with you. Goes to show there are some quality folks involved in our legislature - even if they don't get to the microphone very much.

"Thank you very much I have made many new friends and I have been honored to defend the integrity of our homebrewers. I have learned so much about the art of homebrewing!!!!
Serving you,
Rep. Mac McCutcheon"

These Right to Brew glasses are gonna be collectors items. Better get one while they are still around.

12312342-large.jpg

Hey now... Cut Alvin some slack. He extracted his proverbial head and gave us support this year. Sure he dropped some foolish comments this year too but I can't speak bad of the man.

Hear, hear! I love Alvin. Haven't you heard, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

It's a miracle! The Governor signed the bill last night and 15 gallons of beer magically appeared in my closet this morning. :drunk:

Hey, this reminds me of the caption for my newest Facebook photo album, "Home Brewery":

"It was just legalized yesterday evening (Alabama was last again), but somehow I already have all this equipment. What's this? My Oktoberfest lager is past primary fermentation? It's a miracle! There's no other explanation!"

Back