Ready to brew again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian D

Reaction score
Unfortunately my hop crop went in the toilet. Never have used pellots . Is there a big difference ? Do pellots have a experation date? Assume that following the recipe with the amount of pellots is a must . As with fresh hops I was able to adjust my mash as I wanted.

i'll bite, how and why did you adjust your mash with fresh hops?

and from what i read, pellets, have an age limit of a couple years for their peak?

Unfortunately my hop crop went in the toilet. Never have used pellots . Is there a big difference ?
Don't know, I've only used pellets.

Do pellots have a experation expiration date?
Not really. Some may have a freshness date on them. But like many things it's all about how well they were stored after opening. I keep mine in the fridge since I plan to have them used up in less than a year. Others keep them in the freezer.

Assume that following the recipe with the amount of pellots is a must .
Well if you don't follow the recipe then you are doing your own thing. Regardless of what you are doing or using. Even if you use pellots instead of pellets.
As with fresh hops I was able to adjust my mash as I wanted.
What's mash got to do with this? Are you doing first wort hopping before the boil?

Or are you just saying you want to do your own thing again. If so, you can do your own thing with pellets too.

Latest posts

Back