Re-Introduction - North Texas Homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch S

Reaction score
As it has been over a year since I have been active on the forum, I think it's necessary to reintroduce myself.

I've been homebrewing, off and on, since 2012. Starting with 5 gallon kits, I downsized in 2017/2018 to 1 Gallon batches for space saving reasons. I was going strong and then life got in the way, as well as my company getting a new website blocker that classified HBT as Alcohol Sales and blocking all access while on the network. With the block being lifted somehow, my wife fully back to work, and my 3 month old getting into a good routine, I feel good about getting back into brewing.

First up, I have plans to do a fermentation chamber and an immersion chiller with water re-circulation before I brew up anything. As for what to brew next, I'm looking to have some stuff ready for fall, most likely winter. I have a recipe for a Negra Modelo Christmas clone that looks promising if I can find the right malt extracts...

Also, I'm looking for good LHBS recommendations in the Dallas/Fort Worth/Denton area to try to keep my money local.

Welcome back. I'll bet you'll enjoy the equipment build as much as the brewing.
Maybe not.

Back