corny keg posts stuck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A50SNAKE

Reaction score
hey again, I have a "new to me" corny keg and I can't get the posts off to clean and swap out the o-rings.

they are stuck on there pretty good :(...I'm using my ratcheting wrench and I can't get them to move...what are some tricks you all have used for a stubborn keg post(s)?

thanks,

ah, ok...I was wondering if it was safe to try a go at them with a 7/8 socket on a cordless drill/hammer drill/impact drill? or just armstong is safer?

thanks for the fast reply,

I use a 1/2" drive deep socket on an 18" breaker and never have a problem. If you can't break the post loose with your ratchet, try adding a pipe over the handle to make it longer and give you a little more leverage.

I use a 1/2" drive deep socket on an 18" breaker and never have a problem. If you can't break the post loose with your ratchet, try adding a pipe over the handle to make it longer and give you a little more leverage.

I'm a weakling, so I used a hammer to hit the pipe. It worked, and I didn't break anything!

I'm a weakling, so I used a hammer to hit the pipe. It worked, and I didn't break anything!

ok sounds good, thanks both of you...off to the hardware store now :ban::rockin:

Back