RAPT Pill wireless charger compatibility

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenEnvy22

Reaction score
I bought myself a 2nd RAPT Pill floating hydrometer. I also ordered a wireless charger kit with it so I won't need to keep taking it apart.
However since i have lots of wireless charging pads around the house, I just ordered the barebones kit, which is the coil/usb cord, and weights. Barebones doesn't come with the wireless charging pad.
I'm not getting it to charge, so I'm wondering if perhaps it needs their branded wireless charging pad. They mention their pad is Qi compatible, so it can also charge phones. But perhaps it's not true the other way around? Maybe this coil is too small for a standard one to line up?
So wondering if anyone else has one, and is able to charge it on standard wireless charging pads. If so, I might have a dud.
TIA

It may not have the wireless charging capability on it since you got the barebones thing. That was a add in deal that had to be added to the existing pill's inside. So more than just a wireless charger is needed.

My pill is before they came out with it, but I thought there was a piece that had to be added inside. Otherwise I might be entirely wrong since I haven't needed a second pill and haven't quite kept up.

But consider that if you don't set the reporting interval below 30 minutes, it'll keep a charge for about 9 months of constant use. Or at every 15 minutes, it'll last for 5 months.

Last edited:

Clearly a separable feature, it does seem likely one has to pay for it to be installed (or buy the kit and self-install)...

Cheers!

I have installed a bare bones kit and use a charger off the shelf and have had no problems at all. check with kegland wether your pill is compatible with the charging kit. did you get a good seat to the coil when fitting? and did you possibly damage the coil wire?

It may not have the wireless charging capability on it since you got the barebones thing. That was a add in deal that had to be added to the existing pill's inside. So more than just a wireless charger is needed.

My pill is before they came out with it, but I thought there was a piece that had to be added inside. Otherwise I might be entirely wrong since I haven't needed a second pill and haven't quite kept up.

But consider that if you don't set the reporting interval below 30 minutes, it'll keep a charge for about 9 months of constant use. Or at every 15 minutes, it'll last for 5 months.
By barebones I meant the barebones wireless charger kit. It's just the charging coil/usb plug, and new weights. The full kit is the same thing, plus the actual charging dock.
I may have a dud for the actual coil.

Back