Quick intro from Vietnam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSBrewer

Reaction score
Just a quickie. I've been asking lots of questions on the forums so I should introduce myself here. I'm from NE USA but am working overseas, presently in Vietnam. I've never really liked Budweiser, PBR, etc. When I was a wee youngster my Father used to brew beer in the house. I used to think it smelled awful but love that smell now. When living in the States I don't mind spending a little extra on decent beer. I like Becks, Pilsner Urquell, others. I like the German Bocks but they are as I recall close to $4/bottle at the specialty shops. When I visited London I loved the pub ales very much. Oh, Guiness & Kilkenny are very nice too. (but I digress...). In this part of Asia I haven't found any local beers that I can really enjoy.

I had a Mr. Beer that I used a few times some years ago when I was in China (same beer problems there), but being only 2.5 gallons it only filled a few bottles and it hardly seemed worth the effort.

I had been trying the various local beers here and finally found one that I thought would do OK, Saigon Special. Then I went back to the States for a few weeks. Of course there I mostly drank my favorite Becks. When I returned here in April I opened up one of my Siagon's. It was awful! I had been wanting to get back into brewing for a while, so I finally broke down and bought myself a regular 5 gallon brewing kit. I'm enjoying this hobby very much. The Complete Joy of Home Brewing has been a great companion. While I'm waiting for my first couple of batches to finish brewing & fully mature, and waiting for my next set of ingredients, I have spent the exorbitant fee for a couple of cases of imported Urquell and Budweiser Budvar. Hey, I need the bottles... :mug:

Hey, there's nothing wrong with drinking REAL Budweiser. I didn't even know they had homebrewing over there, is it difficult to buy gear?

I really don't know if other people homebrew. I order my stuff from the States.

Back