Quick intro from PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashz

Reaction score
Hey all. Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking this site for quite some time, decided I should intro myself.

I live with my SWMBO in Downingtown, PA. Home of.....Victory Brewing! Woooot! It's actually about 3 miles from my house, which is awsome and at times bad. :cross:

I started out back in 95 brewing with the original Mr. Beer. Surprisingly I actually made some drinkable beer for a few years. Went on a hiatus while I was busy with other things, college, career, a band, back to a career. Last year I began brewing again after about a 10 year hiatus from extract. Decided to jump straight into all grain.

My two car garage is now the brewery, and has produced MANY batches of very good beer (also have the opinions of unbiased folks as well to prove it :D )

I am still dialing in my process, but aren't we all? I just tapped my latest nut brown and am currently enjoying that, and I have a robust porter in the primary at the moment, as well as an Imperial Stout aging in a keg, and my IPA on tap along with a commercial IPA.

I love to tinker, by day I play a service engineer, by night I am a homebody with brewing aspirations. My current plans are to automate my system and control said automation through software I will write. Of course first I need to find the time to do it. That's a small slice of me. Just wanted to say hello.

Welcome... look forward to hearing about your exploits in automation... I hope to improve my home brewery over the next year.

Ashz said:
Hey all. Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking this site for quite some time, decided I should intro myself.

I live with my SWMBO in Downingtown, PA. Home of.....Victory Brewing! Woooot! It's actually about 3 miles from my house, which is awsome and at times bad. :cross:

I started out back in 95 brewing with the original Mr. Beer. Surprisingly I actually made some drinkable beer for a few years. Went on a hiatus while I was busy with other things, college, career, a band, back to a career. Last year I began brewing again after about a 10 year hiatus from extract. Decided to jump straight into all grain.

My two car garage is now the brewery, and has produced MANY batches of very good beer (also have the opinions of unbiased folks as well to prove it :D )

I am still dialing in my process, but aren't we all? I just tapped my latest nut brown and am currently enjoying that, and I have a robust porter in the primary at the moment, as well as an Imperial Stout aging in a keg, and my IPA on tap along with a commercial IPA.

I love to tinker, by day I play a service engineer, by night I am a homebody with brewing aspirations. My current plans are to automate my system and control said automation through software I will write. Of course first I need to find the time to do it. That's a small slice of me. Just wanted to say hello.
Welcome aboard from another Pa brewer. 3 miles from Victory, damn your lucky. I have not been there in quite a while. I need to get over there and visit again. I'll need to plan an over night and get a room.

I do enjoy the english ales. I have the space to do some lagers but honestly I can brew such a vast array of ale styles I really haven't gotten into trying. I would like to in the future I think.

Warrior- I do enjoy Victory alot, they are doing some big changes right now, with remodeling and layout of the restaurant which is going to be great to see once complete. I was able to spend the evening at victory on the release of their new Baltic Porter. If you haven't tried it yet and are able to get a hold of some I recommend it.

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Ashz said:

You SUCK!! ;)

Hell, Victory itself raises property values in Downingtown as far as I'm concerned.

Welcome! :mug:

Back