Quick carbonation setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cornishsoda

Reaction score
Hi all!
I'm Jeff from Cornwall in the UK. Just started experimenting with the magical world of soda and wanting to get a setup to carbonate a pre-mixed drink and bottle it in glass bottles. They sell a set-up over here which is too pricey for me : http://www.vigoltd.com/Catalogue/Carbonation/In-bottle-carbonators/In-bottle-carbonators

I am trying to get away from keeping a keg pressurised for a few days and shaking it etc. and get a system that is quicker and easier to get consistent carbonation. I also need to bottle in glass.

I was thinking about using a chiller to get the mixed liquid down below 4 degrees Celsius, connect that to a McCann Big Mac carbonator with a high psi and then a line out (possibly with a regulator attached?) to the Blichmann beer gun to dispense into bottles. I would then cap and pasteurise the bottles.

Would love any feedback to see if this might work!
Many thanks everyone!
Jeff

Latest posts

Back