question about nitro coffe for d'elite

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess from my research they claim it keeps the taste fresh, and also from my experience when I buy nitro coffee its like this guys says in the comments.

I've tried both... N2O essentially just turned my coffee into foam, and it took a very long time to reduce back into a liquid, and just didn't taste like nitro cold brew in the end, but rather just like the original cold brew.

N2, on the other hand, I was immediately was able to dispense as a liquid, and came out of the bottle with a nice amount of head on it, and cascading small bubbles in the coffee. Worth the slightly more expensive cartridges!

I also got a set of these tips from Amazon... I use the short one. I don't know if they're essential, but it seemed to help the output.

not sure if that's actually any help actually....but to get frothy bubbles, you need something that dissolves in water.....otherwise, i'd recommend, just brew your cold brew and run it in the blender for a minute then pour in a glass?

i just used this for my own curiosity..

https://www.aqua-calc.com/calculate/volume-to-weight
there is 37 grams about in 5 gallon of volume....it doesn't give a psi....but if it acts anything like co2, i'd be shooting for like 2 charge bottle per 5 gallon cold brew....and enough to serve so maybe 2 to push the nitro button, and another one to push, or two.....

I am at work. I drive semi truck, texting and driving is illegal as check. Reading and replying to forums, yeah well....

With that being said, I didn't read all the replies on this thread so forgive me if this has been covered

I am doing nitro coffee on tap in my keezer. NOT COMPETE YET and since not compete I can't speak from experience and I am no expert thus.

So. Equipment wise: go to morebeer.com check out the torpedo kegs. 3 gal up to 6 gallon my 3 gallon keg was $80 couple months ago.

Nitro regulator is again about 80$ same price as CO2 regulator out just has a difference tank connecting fitting. But if you ever have plans to carb or push CO2, get the CO2 regulator and then get the CO2 to nitro tank adapter for like 20$.

Need a tank? Go to your local metal recycling / scrap yard. That's where I get my tanks, dirt cheap! Then exchange tank at local welding supply shop or 'airgas' supply shop. My last bottle was under 10$ to purchase and 45$ to exchange and I now have enough nitro to last years.

You could get the corney keg carb lid. Pretty universal. Or slightly cheaper get any floating dip tube (kegland Farmville or flöt-it) and put a carb stone on it instead of the floating bits, should be under 30$.

Again, more beer.com and other suppliers have a ball lock liquid out to standard keg-o-rator tap adapter, then hook up a stout tap (I bought a nuka stealth bomber) and the frother disk insert. Then again you can use it for beer or soda later, just remove frothing disk. This way you're not stuck with a nitro only kit if you change your mind later.

I am almost done with my keezer build and nitro coffee set up. When finished I will try to remember t come back and add pics.

3 hours later I am done with this quick reply whilst driving lol. Not really, I did actually pull over to type this out.

Seems I pulled off the road in the land of deliverance and no cell service! 'Post reply' doesn't work... Figures huh?

thanks for the advice, keep on trucking!! drive safely.

I am at work. I drive semi truck, texting and driving is illegal as check. Reading and replying to forums, yeah well....

With that being said, I didn't read all the replies on this thread so forgive me if this has been covered

I am doing nitro coffee on tap in my keezer. NOT COMPETE YET and since not compete I can't speak from experience and I am no expert thus.

So. Equipment wise: go to morebeer.com check out the torpedo kegs. 3 gal up to 6 gallon my 3 gallon keg was $80 couple months ago.

Nitro regulator is again about 80$ same price as CO2 regulator out just has a difference tank connecting fitting. But if you ever have plans to carb or push CO2, get the CO2 regulator and then get the CO2 to nitro tank adapter for like 20$.

Need a tank? Go to your local metal recycling / scrap yard. That's where I get my tanks, dirt cheap! Then exchange tank at local welding supply shop or 'airgas' supply shop. My last bottle was under 10$ to purchase and 45$ to exchange and I now have enough nitro to last years.

You could get the corney keg carb lid. Pretty universal. Or slightly cheaper get any floating dip tube (kegland Farmville or flöt-it) and put a carb stone on it instead of the floating bits, should be under 30$.

Again, more beer.com and other suppliers have a ball lock liquid out to standard keg-o-rator tap adapter, then hook up a stout tap (I bought a nuka stealth bomber) and the frother disk insert. Then again you can use it for beer or soda later, just remove frothing disk. This way you're not stuck with a nitro only kit if you change your mind later.

I am almost done with my keezer build and nitro coffee set up. When finished I will try to remember t come back and add pics.

3 hours later I am done with this quick reply whilst driving lol. Not really, I did actually pull over to type this out.

Seems I pulled off the road in the land of deliverance and no cell service! 'Post reply' doesn't work... Figures huh?

Latest posts

Back