Question about my lager??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allekornbrauer

Reaction score
Hello I have a 3gal batch of Schwarzbier that’s been fermenting for little over 2days an I am using the fast lager method for this lager. So I took a hydrometer sample to see where my attenuation was at an it came in at 1.019 now the OG of this beer is 1.045 an the predicted final gravity the brewing software is showing is 1.011. So under the assumption that now is the time to do the Diacetyl rest so I going to ramp it up to 54f from 50f we’re it’s been fermenting an hold it at 54f for 3days an then ramp up to 58f for another 3days an then finally up 62f for another 3days an then Put in keg with some clarifier an cold crash an force carbonate/lager for about 7days to 10days.. I guessing this would be the right thing to do this is my first lager beer....

Once it's about 75% fermented I up the temp 3 degrees a day . Once I'm up to 66 or 67 I leave it there for 3 days . I then start dropping the temp 3 degrees a day until I'm in the 30's . Then keg . You can just keg after your diacetyl rest though. It really depends on your process and schedule.

Back