• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Heat stick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snooby

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

WTB a heat stick to put in my boil kettle while I brew on my electric glass stove top.

I am currently using this marshalltown heatsick (1000 watts) from amazon which does an ok job, I wanted something a bit more powerful around the 1500-1800 watt range and that also has a ground fault interrupter. I have a 20amp circuit in my kitchen.

Thanks!

I second the "Hot Rod Heat Stick" That thing is amazing. Make sure you don't go over 1500w on a normal house outlet and plug it into a gfi too. I get 5 gallons to a boil on my glass top stove in under 35 min. with the 1500w heat stick. I brewed all winter inside. (Hot air heat so the added humidity was a bonus because usually it is all dried out.)

Latest posts

Back