2 vials?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howbrewudo

Reaction score
I plan on brewing my first AG batch tomorrow, but I haven't made a yeast starter yet. Is it too late to make one, or should I pitch with 2 vials?

i'm sure a lot of people will ask what kind of beer and what is the the OG? I brewed an IPA w/ 1.064 and used a starter and Double IPA with 2 packs in a starter, OG 1.085...I used Beersmith and without a starter it was saying I would have need multiple packs for each. I've made 3 starters now and they are pretty quick to make, do you not have the time or DME? even 8-10 hours would help wake them up!

I have the time and dme, but got lazy and forgot to make one until now. I wanted to make sure I would still have enough time to make it effective. I'm brewing Slims lemon lime Hefe recipe.

As you say that you are brewing tomorrow, I would recommend doing the starter anyway. Getting the yeast going is key if you do not have as much time as you typically use. My opinion is that 1 vial (I am assuing a white labs vial) with the starter should be sufficient. If you skip the starter it might be a good idea to get a 2nd vial.

Back