Question about pump fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austinb

Reaction score
Hi. I am planning on getting a homebrew pump and realized I was going to want to get some disconnect fittings. I figured I would need to get 5 disconnects total, 2 females for each end of the pump and 3 males for the HLT, Mash tun and brewpot. The $60 total cost of the SS quick disconnects at morebeer for all the fittings would put me way over budget so I was looking at alternatives. Is there any reason that the much cheaper camlock fittings such as those here http://store.proflowdynamics.com/modules/store/Stainless-Steel-Camlock-Fittings_C68.cfm would not work for my purposes of having a way to easily move the hoses around to different pieces of equipment?

I use camlocks, and they're wonderful.

You'll want Female connectors on your hoses, and male connectors for everything else. Pots, Pumps, etc. Otherwise you'll end up with hoses with one male and one female connector which means they can't be used interchangeably easily.

Back