Strange Observations At The Checkout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPA-Hole

Reaction score
The other day I was behind a woman at the checkout when I happened to notice what she was purchasing. On the conveyor belt in front of me was a giant blue automotive funnel and a bottle of ******. Certainly two things that should never be purchased together but, I may be wrong. What do I know about woman issues. I looked at the guy behind me, looked at the items, then back at him - when he realized what I was looking at he burst out laughing.... Me, I just kept a straight face.....

Anyone have an unusual encounter of their own?

I have been guilty of buying dog food, a case of beer and condoms together once, with nothing else. I can only imagine what the checkout girl thought I was up to.

Not in my opinion. I desensitized myself to buying condoms, tp (I know some people ashamed to admit they poo), feminine hygene products (obviously I do not use em, so it doesn't bother me) and the like.

I lost my fear of buying condoms long ago during my college days. I turned what was once an embarrassing awkardness to an exhibition of manly pride, chest out, and chin up, finding the cutest girl cashier, then stare her down with a sh*t eatin' grin, as she realized what was in the box and then would look up at me with the shyest of smiles - that was the best!!! She would then inevitably say 'have a great weekend!' Ahhh the memories!

A couple of weeks ago I bought baby food and some tequila together. Probably lost my nomination for FOTY, but :shrug:

One time I swung by the grocery store, picked up 2 mix'n'match 6's, and put them on the checkout conveyor belt. Luckily there was nobody behind me and I said "Woah, hold on, I'll be right back!" I sprinted back into the aisle and came back a minute later with a couple containers of baby formula. I told the cashier "This is what I came in for...my wife woulda killed me." I bet I looked like the father of the year.

Not in my opinion. I desensitized myself to buying condoms, tp (I know some people ashamed to admit they poo), feminine hygene products (obviously I do not use em, so it doesn't bother me) and the like.

Personally none of them shame me. I've gone shopping at BJs and got the biggest size of all 3 of those listed. I've bought stuff for people who were ashamed before. Charged them for it as well.

A couple of weeks ago I bought baby food and some tequila together. Probably lost my nomination for FOTY, but :shrug:

FYI - Putting booze in the sippy cup will never ever win you FOTY; but it can win you Babysitter of the Year.

Buying condoms is always an awkward experience, specially when it's a lady cashier...

I never understood that. Women look to men who are already in long term relationships as providers for their future progeny. You should have asked her out.

I once saw a woman buying a cucumber & Ky Jelly.........In retrospect I should have offered her some penis......

Heads up, ladies don't typically like that. You need to buy them a cheeseburger first.

Lady in front of me yesterday bought what must have been at least 10 pounds of chicken feet. Was she having a party? Does she have a large family and they all enjoy chicken feet? Is she a voodoo priestess? So many questions.

As a rule the folks I've seen at the store dont seem to be purchasing odd products or an odd combination of products, just an impressive volume of ordinary products. There is no way in hell a family of 4 is going to go through the giant bag of rice in a month...

Lady in front of me yesterday bought what must have been at least 10 pounds of chicken feet. Was she having a party? Does she have a large family and they all enjoy chicken feet? Is she a voodoo priestess? So many questions.

Asian? They love chicken feet. Korean street food right there.

As a rule the folks I've seen at the store dont seem to be purchasing odd products or an odd combination of products, just an impressive volume of ordinary products. There is no way in hell a family of 4 is going to go through the giant bag of rice in a month...

It's a staple of every meal. People on HBT are brewing it into rice wine.

Maybe the bizarre purchases have to do with the pranks that websites like BuzzFeed have all over the book of faces.

DING DING DING! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! She most likely was having a party. In the Philippines, they're called 'adidas' and are considered pulutan (finger foods enjoyed with beer). Should have asked where the party was at.:mug:

Is there actually any meat on chicken feet? Seems to me it'd be all bone and skin with tiny sliver of meat...

He he he....they eat the skin and tendon parts. There's no meat as far as I can tell. Truth be told - I like 'em! They're actually very tasty and make you drink more and more beer which is fine by me.

I worked in a small backwoods variety store that acted as a quickie grocery once about 10 years ago. This place was 20 miles from nowhere. After the first week I knew every customer by name. One day this large flatbed truck from the 50's pulls up with about 20 people on the back. There wasn't a single one that looked like a normal human and I could not understand the speech of any of them either. I called the owner because they started just grabbing stuff off the shelves and loading it on the truck. The owner showed up and quickly took over the negotiations that included homemade furniture, guns, pelts, and stacks of foodstamp booklets. I found out later that they only come out of the holler once a year and his store is where they stock up. After they left, the shelves where mostly bare. They took just about everything.

That is the single strangest experience I've ever had in a store.

I want to go to a department store and buy lube, condoms, duct tape, zip ties, chloroform, garbage bags, bleach, a utility knife, a plastic tarp, and rags, and see if the cashier says anything. If they don't, I'd be like, "Seriously??? Come on, you're not going to flag this???"

I want to go to a department store and buy lube, condoms, duct tape, zip ties, chloroform, garbage bags, bleach, a utility knife, a plastic tarp, and rags, and see if the cashier says anything. If they don't, I'd be like, "Seriously??? Come on, you're not going to flag this???"

Well, you would need to buy a hack saw or sawzall to get the flag. Also, Quicklime. Bags of quicklime.

I lost my fear of buying condoms long ago during my college days. I turned what was once an embarrassing awkardness to an exhibition of manly pride, chest out, and chin up, finding the cutest girl cashier, then stare her down with a sh*t eatin' grin, as she realized what was in the box and then would look up at me with the shyest of smiles - that was the best!!! She would then inevitably say 'have a great weekend!' Ahhh the memories!

I always answered the "Have a great night" with "You Bet I WILL!"

Except for the chloroform, we've got stores like that here in MT! If you want, you can buy a welding mask, vaseline, a pair of chaps, a riding crop, a cattle prod, gummi bears, dog food, live chickens & bunnies, teddy bears, spurs, batteries, chain saws, hip waders...

I've actually asked one of the staff there if a certain salve sold for horses & cattle will work for humans. Without batting an eye she said "Sure, I use it on my hands all the time!"
Regards, GF.

I've actually asked one of the staff there if a certain salve sold for horses & cattle will work for humans. Without batting an eye she said "Sure, I use it on my hands all the time!"
Regards, GF.

Ahhh Bag Balm - good stuff! You can use it on everything for everything. I used to use it as a lube when resizing brass. Udderly fantastic!

Latest posts

Back