Highest enzymes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Roseberry

Reaction score
I need help finding a malt. I want something with the highest enzyme levels I can find. I also want it to be organic. I think an organic 6-row might be want I want but not really sure. Anyone know a lot about malts? Something I can order online would be great.

Six row tends to have slightly higher enzyme levels than Pilsner malt, which is slightly higher than generic 2-Row malt. Any of these can handle a fair percentage of non-diastatic adjuncts. They are readily available as organic malts.

Why are you looking for high enzymes? Wheat malt has about the most enzymes you can get, and these days, 6-row isn't a huge improvement over 2-row, and I prefer the flavor of 2-row over 6-row anyway.

Why are you looking for high enzymes? Wheat malt has about the most enzymes you can get, and these days, 6-row isn't a huge improvement over 2-row, and I prefer the flavor of 2-row over 6-row anyway.

I actually use it to water my veggie garden. Enzyme teas are awesome. I usually sprout barley seeds and make my own but I think malts could be an easier method. Where is a good place online to order organic malts? If Im not mistaken any base malt will have enzymes but not crystal malts, correct?

Back