Any hawaiin brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
I'm moving to hawaii soon and need some info. Preferably info about what I can try to bring with me instead of buying it on the island. I looked at the homebrew store in hawaii and there supplies were somewhat limited. And I want to buy a sack of some pale malt. I just want to know if I can stash it in my moving box.any help would be awesome.

I lived in Hawaii from Fall '09 to Winter '11 so here's what I know about brewing in Hawaii and even then what I know only applies if you'll be living on Oahu. There's only one home brew shop on the island, but he's got a pretty good stock of everything you might need. I don't know what he has for bulk grains because I was a buy by the batch brewer when I lived there. I would bring as much as you can fit in your shipment as far as equipment goes. If you keg just make sure to empty your kegs and CO2 tanks before they get loaded up. Is this a military move by any chance?

I'm not sure if they'd ship hops. My gut tells me no, but if it were me, anything they won't put in you HHG shipment I would ship myself. Probably cheaper than buying it again in HI, depending on how much stuff it is. The below link should help you out. Just check out the sections "What You May Move As HHG" and "What You May Not Move As HHG" sections.

http://www.transcom.mil/dtr/part-iv/dtr_part_iv_app_k_1.pdf

Latest posts

Back