Pure cane sugar root beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcclai7

Reaction score
Recently a relative of mine gave me 2-3lbs of pure cane syrup. I don't use syrup that often and was thinking I should make something out of it. I looked for a use in beer but couldn't really find anything, then I thought, why not root beer? I have never made soda before but am interested in doing so. I know pure cane sugar is wonderful in sodas so I thought I might could use the syrup as well.

If so how would I do it, and would anyone be willing to share a recipe?

Thanks!

Typically a liquid natural sugar you can use 1:1 for sugar. By a gnome extract and follow the directions on the bag!

ok, so if it calls for 1lb of sugar, just use 1lb of cane syrup? Also, I guess you would reccommend a kit over actually using anise and the other spices directly?

Thanks!

Typically a liquid natural sugar you can use 1:1 for sugar. By a gnome extract and follow the directions on the bag!

Also, I saw on another thread that using too much brown sugar can be bad. Instead you should add some and use white sugar for the majority. Could this be a problem with Cane syrup as well?

Back