Prost from West Hills (Los Angeles)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedward

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello from normally sunny & warm LA!
I'm just getting back into Home brewing after 13 years away and am excited to be back. I've been itching for years now, but thought it would be too much trouble in an apartment. Have a new house now and liberty to brew from the wife - now known as SWMBO.
I've brewed mainly simple extract kits, and two partial grain brews this month, and am eager to get into some tasty lagers and Belgian brews.
My favorites are Munich Helles & Märzens, stouts and some Russian brews. Maybe one day I'll have a great recipe to share here. Until then
I'll read the great info and help posted here - it's much appreciated!

Cheers! :mug:

Welcome aboard! Had a chance to try any of your new brews or are they still too young?

Welcome aboard! Had a chance to try any of your new brews or are they still too young?

No the red is in the secondary about to go into a corny and the stout is still in the primary and due Monday to the secondary (it's about done today though). I can't wait - especially since I'm brewing a third Monday - first all grain...

Hey man, welcome aboard! Always good to see another local turn up on here.

Thanks!

Never been to the west coast. East coast boy, born and bred. You love it out there? How's L.A.? I was thinking of taking a brew tour on the west coast one day. Any suggestions?:ban:

Never been to the west coast. East coast boy, born and bred. You love it out there? How's L.A.? I was thinking of taking a brew tour on the west coast one day. Any suggestions?:ban:

Sadly, Los Angeles is not much of a beer town. OTOH, San Francisco is one of the greatest beer cities in the world! PM me if you are going there, I've got plenty of suggestions for SF.

Yeah LA is oddly devoid of things you would expect to find sometimes - especially with beer & food. Though there are some nice little spots to hit that have great selections (Library Alehouse in Santa Monica/Venice for one).

I'm actually more an East Coaster too (Virginia) but really a vagabond. I'd love to find some breweries here too to tour and pick up some secrets.

Back