Prost! from Germantown, WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtdanb

Reaction score
Greetings :mug: , I'm a new home brewer from Wisconsin. Just started in Spring using a kit my wife got me for Christmas. She knows the way to my heart. I've made a cream ale, honey amber ale, wheat beer, and Irish red ale. Brews keep getting better. Looking forward to learning more about home brewing through this forum. Thanks

Dan

gtdanb said:
Just started in Spring using a kit my wife got me for Christmas. She knows the way to my heart.

Dan

Hmmm sounds familiar, that's exactly how I got started. I see a hopeless obsession in your near future.:mug:

Welcome from the sticks near Fond du Lac!

Thanks for the welcomes. Great to see homebrewing is popular in this area. The list of beers at the Boondock Brewery is very impressive. I was also impressed with Bernie Brewer's two-keg/tap setup (What a country!). You're right - I can see how this can become an obsession but what a way to obsess (?).

I'll be curious to hear your experiences and opinions on some of the Milwaukee area home brewing suppliers. I was going to pick up a kit at the Brew City supplier on Lisbon in Brookfield. Small shop but he seemed pritty knowledgable.

Thanks again

gtdanb said:
Thanks for the welcomes. Great to see homebrewing is popular in this area. The list of beers at the Boondock Brewery is very impressive. I was also impressed with Bernie Brewer's two-keg/tap setup (What a country!). You're right - I can see how this can become an obsession but what a way to obsess (?).

I'll be curious to hear your experiences and opinions on some of the Milwaukee area home brewing suppliers. I was going to pick up a kit at the Brew City supplier on Lisbon in Brookfield. Small shop but he seemed pritty knowledgable.

Thanks again

LOL oh that's nothing! I only have two taps. There's people on this board that have at least half a dozen taps.:tank:

Welcome from an ex-Pat Menomonee Falls guy. I think you're the second from Germantown, WI to sign up in the last week or so. It started bringing up memories of this one girlfriend I had who lived there.
She took my virginity :mug:

Welcome from the better side of Hwy-Q. The marketbasket is a nice place but if you want a guy who really know his stuff it's Greg at the Frugal Home Brewer in Waukesha. He has a wide selection and normally everything I need. There is also a spot on 73rd and North. And one or two in West Allis also. Hope to see you around.

There is also Cedarburg Homebrew and Wine. Everyone who works there is real friendly.

And Sause, everyone knows this is the better side of Q. Why? Because Falls cop are hard asses.

Welcome from Ashland, I'm a Slinger transplant

When I say Prost up here everyone just gives me a dumb look, no Germans all Finlanders

There is no good side to hwy Q!

Mequon, Menomonee Falls and Germantown cops have nothing better to do than mess with the rich kids from the burbs.

The Frugal Homebrewer in West Allis is on 81st and National - was owned by Mike but I think it is now under new management. I haven't been there in a while however the last time I was there, the batch of grains I bought had bugs in it. That was still when Mike owned the place.

I have been getting alot of my ingredients from midwestsupplies.com or the purple foot which is on 92nd and Oklahoma.

Anyway, WELCOME and Happy Brewing!

SuperiorBrew said:
Welcome from Ashland, I'm a Slinger transplant

Wow the best of both worlds! In Slinger, you have MJ Stevens, the best fish fry I ever had. In Ashland, you have South shore Brewery, the best Nut Brown Ale I ever had! Yummy!

Bernie Brewer said:
Wow the best of both worlds! In Slinger, you have MJ Stevens, the best fish fry I ever had. In Ashland, you have South shore Brewery, the best Nut Brown Ale I ever had! Yummy!

Thats funny, I lived 1/4 mile from MJ's and they are my favorite fish fry to this day & now I live a mile from South Shore Brewery and also like their Nut Brown, I just got my grain to do a 10 gal batch of Nut Brown next weekend.

gtdanb said:
Thanks for all the welcomes and advice. Great to see so many Wisconsinites, past and present well represented.

Thanks also Kieva for the link on your message:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=94857 46

I have a son and daughter in the Army and my youngest daughter at the Naval Academy. The video was very moving.

You mite want to edit your post and put the 46 in the url other wise it takes you to a Ass n Titties video! :mug:

Back