Beer not settling after 14 days in prim?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpfeil8484

Reaction score
I'm fermenting an APA it's been in primary for 14 days I took a gravity reading today and the reading was normal bout 1.012, no more krausen but its not clear the thief was filled with trub it does not seem to be settling any opinions would be greatly appreciated

mpfeil8484 said:
I'm fermenting an APA it's been in primary for 14 days I took a gravity reading today and the reading was normal bout 1.012, no more krausen but its not clear the thief was filled with trub it does not seem to be settling any opinions would be greatly appreciated

What yeast? Can you cold crash it?

Honestly, I would cold crash it and bottle or keg(assuming that is in the ballpark of your FG). All the nasty stuff will drop out.

I generally leave my beers alone without touching them for 21 days at least.

Then I cold crash like duboman said - drop the temperature 20-30 degrees for 48 hours or so. Really makes siphoning a breeze

Safale us-05 dry yeast

I'm not sure can cold crash to much brew in my fridge as of right now

But cold crashing did work last time so ill move some brew out of the fridge

You can use gelatin also but I would wait another week and give it a chance to clear, 14 days is pretty quick to expect crystal clear beer:)

Ok thanks for the words!

By the way what's the longest period of time you can actually cold crash?

Just wonderin'

3 weeks primary/ 24 hr cold crash works for me with most beers and us 05 yeast.

Ok thanks for the words!

By the way what's the longest period of time you can actually cold crash?

Just wonderin'

I'm not sure that has been determined yet. A long time. One of the people I chat with left a beer in the primary for 8 months and he said it came out good so from that one could guess that colder beer would be good longer than that.

awesome ive been learning a lot from this site....the biggest thing ive learned is that most likely nothing is wrong with your beer it just needs some good 'ol time.

:ban:

Back