got some super yeast x press liquor quick have a few questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azgard

Reaction score
i am new to home brewing i bought a few things gonna try some cheap wine and i also bought a packet of the super yeast x press to make up to 20 percent alcohol. i made a small batch 1 gallon using 2.5lbs sugar and 25 grams of the yeast. the package is for 6.5 gallons but i scaled it down for 1 gallon to try it out. i was wondering can you drink this stuff straight when its done. i assume is not gonna taste good but also can you mix it with flavorings to make a weak liquor. the package says to filter it using charcoal. anyone have way i can do that cheap. im not looking to spend money on a expensive filter or machine just something i can do cheap in my kitchen.

im new to this too im just experimenting with stuff. would be nice to make some stuff for myself and save some money not buying wine or liquor at the store... i saw the super yeast it was cheap and you can make alot with it. im gonna let the batch finish and if it tastes like crap ill just use it with mixers like juice or something. i dont like drinking really strong drinks anyway. Also one more question this says to get max alchol content it will take 7 days. im gonna be out of town for 8 days so will it be an issue if i leave it for 10 days i started it today im leaving sunday.

im new to fermenting and brewing beers and wines. i got some of that super yeast to try to make some of the quik liquor. its been sitting a day now gonna leave it all next week but it says i need to filter it with charcoal. i read only the simplest way is to use a funnel coffee filter and charcoal. Im wondering what is best theres powedered granular activated charcoal. what should i use.

Latest posts

Back