Ball lock gas QD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indian_villager

Reaction score
I am currently working on my kegerator and I have run into an issue. i am leak checking my gas side and I seem to have found a leak. It is the quick disconnect itself. The little push valve on the mating surface seems to not be sealing on its own (disconnects are NOT hooked up to a keg). Is this a known issue or should I be tearing it down.

I dont have valves between my secondary regulator and the disconnects only a push to connect cross as a manifold.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alex

I don't get what you mean when you ask "is it a known issue" :confused:

Any leak is an issue. If you know that it's leaking, then you have a known issue :p

"Tearing it down" isn't a big deal, there are very few parts. There's a single screwdriver slot at the top. Inside is a rubber washer and spring and a couple other parts. Just make sure you reassemble them in the proper order. Check this thread out:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/ball-lock-quick-disconnects-exploded-view-261615/

It's possible that it's not seated correctly and it'll just take a second to fix. If the rubber washer is damaged, you can replace it with an o-ring pretty easily (this is a good thread). If it's brand new, you can also just have your supplier replace it.

So this is an issue that should be remedied with a teardown and a bit of seal lube? I am wondering if these QDs are air tight when unhooked from kegs. (I was operating under that assumption in the design stage)

Yeah, they shouldn't leak when removed from the keg. You're correct. A new QD shouldn't leak, so like I said you can take it apart to see if it's a quick fix (maybe the o-ring is pinched or something) or just get your supplier to replace it.

If this is a CM Becker disconnect the manufacture will take care of this.. They are made in Germany and assembled in the United States. You can tell by looking on the side and it will say "CMB" and also say "Made in Germany" in smaller print. We are seeing a lot of Chinese copies these days and they have issues. If you need help getting parts let me know. I can put you in contact with the manufacture. If by chance you purchased this from Kegconnection, just call us at 325-356-5204 and we will just send you out another one.
Todd

I ordered them from adventures in homebrewing....I'll check on the manufacturer on the side.

Thanks for the note.

Those are the Chinese disconnects that they sell. They look
just like the real ones. I wonder if the parts are interchangeable?

Just want to bump this thread to say that I'm also having problems with the cheap gas disconnects from AIH. They'll be going back in the mail shortly and I'm picking up some CM Beckers today from the LHBS.

Back