What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridire said:
My white whale. I see it on the menu all the time and am always told it the tap is dry. Guess I need to start combing the local beer stores to find it.

That's a shame. I would think all Founders would be plentiful in Michigan.

WesleyS said:
That's a shame. I would think all Founders would be plentiful in Michigan.

When I find it package, it's always old. I am yet to have a good IPA by founders because I buy a six, get home, pour a glass, taste it and think its "off", then check the date and see that it's a year old.

From now on, I will not buy Founders without checking the date. The Breakfast Stout was 5-6 months old when I tried it but I'm guessing it was as good as it gets at that age. That was good stuff.

When I find it package, it's always old. I am yet to have a good IPA by founders because I buy a six, get home, pour a glass, taste it and think its "off", then check the date and see that it's a year old.

From now on, I will not buy Founders without checking the date. The Breakfast Stout was 5-6 months old when I tried it but I'm guessing it was as good as it gets at that age. That was good stuff.

Man, that stinks. I usually have no issues with the freshness of Founders, and I do most of my beer shopping at Meijer. Maybe it's because of the high turnover in the Ann Arbor area. If your ever out this way check it out.

jrgroucho said:
Man, that stinks. I usually have no issues with the freshness of Founders, and I do most of my beer shopping at Meijer. Maybe it's because of the high turnover in the Ann Arbor area. If your ever out this way check it out.

I'm usually buying it in a very densely populated area. Don't understand it. It is the only brand I've had this issue with. I am not judging the beers based on what I've had from the bottles. The Founders beers ive had on tap were very good.

I'm usually buying it in a very densely populated area. Don't understand it. It is the only brand I've had this issue with. I am not judging the beers based on what I've had from the bottles. The Founders beers ive had on tap were very good.

Densely populated, but maybe not with the people who are likely to spend upwards of ten bucks for a sixer...I'm guessing those beers sit there for quite some time on the shelf.

jrgroucho said:
Densely populated, but maybe not with the people who are likely to spend upwards of ten bucks for a sixer...I'm guessing those beers sit there for quite some time on the shelf.

Bells are always fresh...

Mashing Stauff's White Pepper Rye Saison and having myself an example of the almost polar opposite of that style. It's a good example of the style and will certainly get better as it warms and as it ages.

20130511_123100.jpg

Mashing Stauff's White Pepper Rye Saison and having myself an example of the almost polar opposite of that style. It's a good example of the style and will certainly get better as it warms and as it ages.

Every time someone says lager is fizzy, yellow beer I want to slap them with a Dopplebock.

Having some black tea. Haven't even started filtering strike water and trying to stick to my 'no beers before the boil' rule. Good day to pace myself after all day 'AHA conference training' at my club's Big Brew event last Saturday.

This is definitely getting better with age. The first time I had it 4 months ago it had a fairly prominent astringent note that has now completely disappeared. Great roast, coffee and chocolate notes paired with a strong supporting bitterness make this a solid imperial stout, though not my favorite by far. Also, I'm a few deep on brew day, so no fancy pics until after I'm done brewing. I know it's a travesty, but y'all will get over it.
wink.gif

20130511_150621.jpg

Heavy Seas' Riptide. An IPA fermented with a Belgian yeast. To say its a tasty brew would be an understatement.

Tell me about it! So much for enjoying beers on the sunny deck, freakin 45° and raining

It's upper 60s here and some drizzle. After 90s in March here last year and frost in May, I've been okay with this spring.

these make this crappy day just fine.

View attachment 121440

But these are nice too :D

View attachment 121446

And you all know your jealous of the Vernors :)

Big day in Badgerland! I'm in the extreme minority who finds NG fruit beers unpleasantly sweet. I had some crazy Kuhnhenn at a big beer tasting and oddly don't remember. A friend has all of their meads lined up for a scary blackout tasting.

I've moved from tea to water here. Maybe I'll drink something fun from the cellar soon.

Ridire said:
Anyone ever have Sam Adams Wee Heavy? Saw it at the store and picked up 4.

I didn't care for it young but, after two years in the beer fridge, it turns into something great.

Rogue Dead Guy Ale and then onto some homebrew, IIPA is more or less ready, needs a little more carbonation but I can't wait any longer, indulging in these bad boys today!

Back