Hydrometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrNickVT

Reaction score
So I only have 3 batches under my belt. I cant seem to help but break hydrometers. i have broke 2 and am now on my third one. Anybody else with this same problem? solutions?:drunk:

When I only had one hydrometer at a time I would occasionally break one. Once I acquired several of them... not a problem. Same thing with keys. When I only have one house or car key you can bet dollars to donuts that I will lose it or lock myself out. Now that I have many keys hidden all over the place, haven't misplaced a key or locked myself out since. A fellow psychologist did a study on this phenomenon... interesting stuff...

One man, wiser than myself, once stated that there are only two types of hydrometers: ones that are broken and ones that soon will be.

Seems like it's just the nature of thin, hollow glass to break.Maybe just have a spare one lying around in case the one you're using breaks?

I will have to buy a spare next time just in case:D That quote reminds of one about motorcycle riders. "There's two types of riders, ones that have been down and ones that are going to go down."

I will have to buy a spare next time just in case:D That quote reminds of one about motorcycle riders. "There's two types of riders, ones that have been down and ones that are going to go down."

I've been down twice and refuse to get another bike. I'm glad you didn't give up so easily with the hydrometers.

I've been down twice and refuse to get another bike. I'm glad you didn't give up so easily with the hydrometers.
:off: but i downed once low sided into curb, bent the frame and only liability insurance. Haven't picked one up another yet but lesson learned.

Been riding for 30 years, been down several times, and every single one of those times it was clearly my fault. But what drives me to continue on is I like to come home after a good ride and rest with a cold beer, makes it even better that "I" made the beer. Lot of rides seem to end at my place. LOL

:off: but i downed once low sided into curb, bent the frame and only liability insurance. Haven't picked one up another yet but lesson learned.

Lost my second bike after owning it two weeks. Got hit by a girl leaving the DMV after getting her license. She ran a stop sign and didn't have insurance. Lost a good bit of $$ on that. Just as you, lesson learned.

I took part of a personal loan to buy the bike. DOH! I though i was saving money with liability. I was wrong

Back