Shandy Attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NocturnalEMT

Reaction score
All,
I made an attempt at crating a summer session beer, trying to come somewhat close to the ever so popular summer shandy. I currentl have it kegged and carbonating. It turned out pretty good, but it's just way too sweet. Anyone have any ideas how to return the "tart" back into it while it's kegged. Fresh squeezed lemon juice? avoiding the lemon zest because its kegged. I know if it gets some tart back into it, I may have a winner winner here.

People dry hop kegs all the time, right? I've only bottled but I would imagine if you can dry hop, you can take lemon zest and put it into a boiled knee-hi or whatever people use to contain the hops when dry hopping kegs. Just a thought.

^^^this is an interesting comment, I would be curious how to dry hop to get the zest in a short amount of time

Step 1: Brew a batch of beer
Step 2: Make a batch of (sugar-free) lemonade
Step 3: Mix the lemonade into a glass of beer until you find the proportions you like
Step 4: Do that for the entire batch

I use a 3" tea balls for dry hopping and zest additions like this. cheap and they work great.

Latest posts

Back