Problems creating a custom report in BeerSmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomebrewHandicapper

...likes to drink and gamble
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been trying to make a custom report in BeerSmith this afternoon and I keep running into the same problem. I am not too much of a computer guy so I followed the instructions on how to customize a report in this and everything was going great until the very end when I looked at my new reports on Beersmith. All the Mash Ingredients, Hops, Boil Additions, anything that was in list form was now just a very long run on sentence with no order at all.

I tried it again a few times and finally just loaded up a template with just "$Mash_Ingredients" and it was still just a jumbled mess.

Just hoping someone could tell me what I am doing wrong. TIA

Also, I have Beersmith version 2.1.02 if that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for getting back to me. I did finally figure it out and of course it was a case of operator error. When I went to load the template back into BeerSmith I was doing it as a text file instead of an html. Switched that and "voila" a brand new Brew Day Template. Very Exciting.

This was the ONLY thing I got done today. My wife doesn't understand how I still consider that a win!!:ban:

Back