Conditioning in a carbed keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arborman

Reaction score
I made a batch of an all grain Mirror Pond clone about 3 weeks ago. I may have been a bit impatient with it, but not sure...

I let it ferment out in one week, and it was done.. Checked it twice and the readings stayed steady, and hit my final FG number.

So, I decided after that first week that I was going to dry hop. I let the dry hops sit for another week in the primary, then racked to my keg. I let it sit one more week in the keg, and then put it on the gas this weekend. I took a taste, which was obviously not carbed up yet, but it did not taste like I was expecting.. I pretty much nailed everything on this, but went over on my efficiency by about 10%, so the ABV is about 1% higher... I am wondering if the beer will continue to condition in the keg, even though its on the gas and in the kegerator? I am hoping the flavor will get a bit better with time in the keg, or if being on the gas and in the kegerator will hinder any improvement in the beer

Thanks for the input

I've read where it will condition faster at warmer temps (room temp). May be best to leave it out of the kegerator for a while.

It will get better with some time. But that's a beer that I would think wouldn't need much time. I would drink it fresh. At some point, maybe a couple months+ it'll start to go down hill. Can you explain in a little more detail what you're tasting? Did you purge the keg with co2 to get all the air out?

Mirror Pond is one of my favorites, and it's what I modeled my house pale after. FYI, it took brewing it a few times for me to love it. Not the same as Mirror Pond. Advice is take good brew notes, as well as tasting notes.

Latest posts

Back