Help with a Pina Colada beer recipe.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnyhamer

Reaction score
So, I'm thinking of brewing something using canned pineapple and and some flaked coconut. I've been doing a lot of wheat beers so kind of want to do something different this time around. I guess I'll go partial grain but maybe all grain. I don't want it to be a wine cooler.

Anyone of you bright brewers have any good ideas for the base beer? I intend to keep it light for summertime.

First thing that came to mind was a saison. The pineapple and coconut flavors might compliment the fruity character of the yeast pretty well. If you want something really light that won't influence the additions too much you could always go with a cream ale. BierMuncher's Cream of Three Crops is an excellent recipe there.

Thanks, I'll look into both. Could you recommend a commercially brewed saison and cream ale. I've never had either so will grab a bottle of each tomorrow. My primary is tied up with a watermelon wheat and I have the grains on standby for the centennial blonde but Will be placing an order very soon.

For the saison, try to find Saison DuPont or Goose Island Sofie.

Cream ale is a little more difficult, I haven't seen many commercially available examples that are easy to find. It's a very clean ale, close to a lager. Check out the BJCP characteristics for it.

I'll keep an eye out but when it comes time to make it I'm thinking a cream ale.

Back