Post brew day depression

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cposten

Reaction score
Anybody else get this?I don't know what to do with myself. All that time spent planning building and brewing now it's all over. *sigh*.

I'm usually happy it's over. Brewing is fun and all, but it's work. Especially doing all grain in a 650 sq ft apartment.

I much rather partake in the act of getting boozed up on my brews

You just need to get your pipeline set up. This way there is almost always something to do...brewing, taking samples, transferring, adding dry hops, etc. If all else fails you can just grab a beer while you plan your next batch

After the mess is cleaned up, in my own OCD style, I check the airlocks initially three or four times a day to make sure I still have fermentation going. Your statement does remind me of something else; the planning, the execution of the planning, the joy that the planning brought, and all seven seconds of involuntary muscle contractions. What sucks is she gets 20 seconds...

i used to have it but now there is always stuff to do around beer (planing->designing recipe->making starters->brewing->cleaning->fermenting [temp controlling]-> bottling batch before this one->transfer to 2ndary->checking gravity->dry hopping->testing bottled batch->designing new recipe->testing older batches->cleaning bottles and more) sometimes when i manage to have empty primary for few days i feel like on vacation then few days later im bored and have to brew something new :)

This is exactly the reason why I ended up with 7 6.5 gal carboys in the garage.

I keep telling people that 15 gal is for my wedding (which it is) but really...

But like Randy Bugger suggested, a few days ago I ended up picking up (2) 3 gal carboys. I'll be splitting a stout to put into secondary on some adjuncts and then I'm going to switch to half batches for a little while to experiment with recipes.

I'm usually happy it's over. Brewing is fun and all, but it's work. Especially doing all grain in a 650 sq ft apartment.

I much rather partake in the act of getting boozed up on my brews

QFT :mug:

Never glad it's over until its bottling time. It's like golf, get sad when I'm at the 6th(9 holes) or 15(18). I can alway go to the driving range or hit balls into the woods(allegory recipe planning, building equipment, maintenance, etc) but nothing compares to actually being out on the greens (brew day allegory).

Back