New Dogfish head bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitehause

Reaction score
Maybe this has been changed for a while now, but I was at my local bar and decided to grab a Dogfish 60 min. The bartender brought it over, and low and behold it looks like a mini Belgian that uses regular size caps! It was a 12 oz bottle and had the Dogfish logo embossed in the glass.

I might have to grab a case just for the bottles ( and the beer ) to put my DFH 60 min clone in.:rockin:

I have never seen such bottles, are they limited edition? Using them for a 60 minute clone would be sweet!

Yup, they've been out for a bit and they are pretty cool and it's not a dinky embossing either!

Yea....even after label removal, there will be no mistaking who's bottle it is. Btw...they are brown.

UD...didn't think to keep it or I would post a pic.

BigJack said:
Pics or it isn't real.

Here ya go

image-1226451147.jpg

they just started carrying those the end of last year or beginning of this year? pretty nifty!

I just wish we could get DFH in MO. The only one i have had is an IPA I got a New York, New York in Vegas

Couldn't even imagine living close to dfh, they do so much sweet stuff they don't distribute, I envy you man, cheers!

Couldn't even imagine living close to dfh, they do so much sweet stuff they don't distribute, I envy you man, cheers!

I work about 5 min away from a DFH pub. In shame I have to admit that I don't go there more than once a year or so. Main reason is that I have my commute ahead of me and I never know how long it takes. So I don't want to end up with a burst bladder or a DUI ;

I was at the brewery two years ago while they were dumping the "bad" batch of 120. My dad and I stood there with our jaws on the ground as we watched thousands of gallon of 120 pouring out on the floor, into the drains....

I live within 15-20 minute drive of 2 of the Alehouses, but they're so crowded it's a longer wait for table or space at the bar that I have to take an extra long lunch on a Friday to make it a worthwhile trip

I would go today, but we're doing the new local Alamo Drafthouse for the first time, they have 90-minute on tap and is only 5 minutes away

A while back, they started using a new champagne style bottle (1 pint, 9.6 oz) with a raised logo on the glass for their "big beers" and special releases. It is actually a little smaller (height wise, not volume) than the ones they used to use. Not to be a doubter, but the pic in the previous posts looks kind of like one of those...could someone who actually has one of these new bottles post a pic of one next to a regular 12 oz longneck for comparison?

I was at the brewery two years ago while they were dumping the "bad" batch of 120. My dad and I stood there with our jaws on the ground as we watched thousands of gallon of 120 pouring out on the floor, into the drains....

:eek:

You know it couldn't have been that bad! They should package that up in generic bottles/labels ("DUFF BEER" or something like that :D) and offer it at discount!

PS. I love the new bottles and have accumulated more than a few

A while back, they started using a new champagne style bottle (1 pint, 9.6 oz) with a raised logo on the glass for their "big beers" and special releases. It is actually a little smaller (height wise, not volume) than the ones they used to use. Not to be a doubter, but the pic in the previous posts looks kind of like one of those...could someone who actually has one of these new bottles post a pic of one next to a regular 12 oz longneck for comparison?

It looks just like the champagne style bottles, only 12 oz. Same shape, same logo.

If I get a chance to run down to that bar today, I'll pick one up and post a pic.

Apparently, they've never been on HBT!! They should have bottled anyways and waited a year.

I remember a video on that one. They dumped one batch 'cause the yeast gave out & didn't finish attenuating. Then they had another batch that just didn't quite turn out right,so instead of dumping it,they let the employees take a couple cases home.

DFH. Meh.

There's always this guy who has to turn any discussion that remotely concerns Dogfish Head into a bashing session...honestly, we don't care what you think about DFH, we're discussing the new bottles...

It looks just like the champagne style bottles, only 12 oz. Same shape, same logo.

If I get a chance to run down to that bar today, I'll pick one up and post a pic.

That would be very cool...definitely put it next to a regular longneck for comparison!

There's always this guy who has to turn any discussion that remotely concerns Dogfish Head into a bashing session...honestly, we don't care what you think about DFH, we're discussing the new bottles...

need a standing ovation smiley

I wil :rockin: instead

Yeah, I was really inciting a bash session. Nothing like the word "meh" to get peopled fired up.

Well jeez, sorry for posting my opinion on a web forum. I'll leave you more highly evolved internet users to it then....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd be happy to hear how "meh" you think Dogfish, or any other beer is, if it's on topic....

Honestly I wasn't trying to be a dick, but DFH is such an unusual brewery, that they end up being very polarizing...most people either love them or hate them, and the back and forth of opinions (you know, everyone has one, plus one of another thing...) gets really old. It's been done to death on what seems like thousands of other threads, and anyway here we are derailed again!

Cheers...

I saw those bottles the other day. I think it was Aprihop. I'm doin the usual Friday beer and dog food. I'll check them out.

Yeah, I was really inciting a bash session. Nothing like the word "meh" to get peopled fired up.

Well jeez, sorry for posting my opinion on a web forum. I'll leave you more highly evolved internet users to it then....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

says the one with the need to let highly evolved internet users know that he has 4 primaries, 3 of them empty

and no, you didn't post your opinion; you busted in, took a dump and ran away

Any thoughts on whether these will be safe to higher vol of CO2 than a standard bottle? I have some sour that needs bottling and I'd like a few 12 oz bottles in addition to the champagne bottles.

Any thoughts on whether these will be safe to higher vol of CO2 than a standard bottle? I have some sour that needs bottling and I'd like a few 12 oz bottles in addition to the champagne bottles.

What is "higher" carbonation? I had some gushers I dumped that had perhaps 4.5 volumes co2 in normal bottles. No explosions.

I have bottled berliner weisse and hefeweizen to 3.5 volumes in standard bottles of all shapes and colors without issues. I have reused bottles 5 or more times and done this.

Even though they look like mini magnums, they don't have a "punt" or dimple in the bottom. The punt is said to help increase the pressure a bottle can handle.

I wouldn't think these are any stronger than a standard 12 oz bottle.

Back