Primo RO Water Refill at Walmart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never investigated, but is a low volume, tabletop softener/RO system a possibility? May be units on the market for all I know. I'd be willing to run with a 1:1 waste ratio, but 4:1 was always a deal breaker.

As someone said, use a permeate pump in the system. I used to run water thru my system and it would take so log to get water until i got the pump and changed the RO filter, now it pushes about 4 gallons an hour of RODI water to my kettle and sparge tank.

As someone said, use a permeate pump in the system. I used to run water thru my system and it would take so log to get water until i got the pump and changed the RO filter, now it pushes about 4 gallons an hour of RODI water to my kettle and sparge tank.
Permeate pumps work only on systems equipped with a pressurized storage tank.

I wonder if you're talking about a booster pump?

Beide sind richtig. Both are correct.
Also correct that folks who are committed to less water usage can save 30% or more with a low flow shower head. About 10 of those 30 gallons. Further conservation by wetting yourself - turning the water off and soaping up - then turning water back on to rinse. Not for everyone, but may become a need if water scarcity prevails.

Back