12 hours in LA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two_hearted

Reaction score
I have a 12 hour layover in LA tomorrow on my way home from New Zealand. What should I do/where should I go? Any suggestions?

Ok, so #1 plan is to A) eat food and B) drink beer.

#2 plan is to C) sleep at airport

So if I A) eat food (plan #1) where should I eat it (Sub question bravo) but of greater importance is where should I drink the beer from plan #1/section B (sub question Charlie).

(Optional question Zed) : why do so many Aussies where skinny jeans? And I'm talking dudes here.

The real takeaway here is where to drink the beer? Preferably a brewery.

i would head to torrance if I were you. There are 3 or 4 breweries within a couple blocks of each other (Monkish, Smog City, The Dudes). Not sure if the Dudes as a taproom yet or not but the other two do. The Bruery is maybe a half hour away from those spots depending on traffic and certainly worth a stop. If you willing to get further out of town you could hit Eagle Rock and Golden Road in the Eagle Rock/Burbank area. If your feeling really adventurous you could meet me at a bar in Pasadena thats having an IPA festival right now.

+1 smog city and monkish. The dudes does not yet have a taproom. Also Rock & Brews and BrewCo are good places to get some food and enjoy a pretty good beer selection.

Back