No need to homebrew anymore with this product

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to reiterate my position that while it would certainly be no substitute for a real beer, it could have it's uses and I support the idea for that reason. Example; my brother is a member of the Elks and wants me to go to the lodge to hang out with him and his friends from time to time. Problem is that I don't drink spirits and the best beer they have is Corona... bleh... if I had something like this product that would at least get me in the ballpark, I would be most grateful.

I would like to reiterate my position that while it would certainly be no substitute for a real beer, it could have it's uses and I support the idea for that reason. Example; my brother is a member of the Elks and wants me to go to the lodge to hang out with him and his friends from time to time. Problem is that I don't drink spirits and the best beer they have is Corona... bleh... if I had something like this product that would at least get me in the ballpark, I would be most grateful.

No friggin' way. Look - I like beer as much as the next guy here... we all love beer. But I have in the past, and will in the future, simply have a soda if there isn't a beer selection that I care for. I don't need to drink beer everywhere I go to have a good time... and if there isn't a beer I care for, I'll have lemonade, or soda, or water, or coffee... or nothing.

Under no circumstances would I whip out a small vial of "beer syrup", and surreptitiously drizzle it in to a bottle of mass produced swill. Nope. Never.

But hey, life is about choices, and I applaud yours - even if it makes me a little nauseous thinking about it. :drunk:

I watched the video. Nice one handed cap opening!! And she adjusted to taste without actually tasting any! Amazing!!

I might try it, but someone else would have to BUY it!

wailingguitar said:
I would like to reiterate my position that while it would certainly be no substitute for a real beer, it could have it's uses and I support the idea for that reason.

First thing I thought of was a low calorie beer that has at least a little taste to it. I would never use this out at a bar or restaurant but sitting at home drinking a six pack of craft beer is usually a fattening experience.

No friggin' way. Look - I like beer as much as the next guy here... we all love beer. But I have in the past, and will in the future, simply have a soda if there isn't a beer selection that I care for. I don't need to drink beer everywhere I go to have a good time... and if there isn't a beer I care for, I'll have lemonade, or soda, or water, or coffee... or nothing.

Under no circumstances would I whip out a small vial of "beer syrup", and surreptitiously drizzle it in to a bottle of mass produced swill. Nope. Never.

But hey, life is about choices, and I applaud yours - even if it makes me a little nauseous thinking about it. :drunk:

I would try it. Why not. I have intentionally tasted beers that taste like they are infected and flawed. They called that class, "Off Flavors in Beer". I love my beer. Given the choice between: no beer, a BMC, or a BMC that might taste good? I'll take door #3 please.

I think it would be awesome to have camping or fishing. I may try it.

Hell, maybe I just need hop extract!

Maybe it's just me, but when i camp/fish, I take good beer with me.

This is just like liquor to me, if you have to mix your beer/liquor with something else, then it's not a good product.

Maybe it's just me, but when i camp/fish, I take good beer with me.

This is just like liquor to me, if you have to mix your beer/liquor with something else, then it's not a good product.

More and more "good" beer is available in cans, but CANS is the key to camping, etc. with me.

I can see the headlines now kid kicked out of school for on tap liquid enhancer principle says looks like beer smells like beer must be beer lol what a gimmick the things people will come up with to make a buck

propylene glycol - YUM
I have used the stuff before...Added to water in order to lower the freezing points in large building HVAC systems. Had a bit splash on me...tasted sweet. NOT something I would ingest on purpose!

propylene glycol - YUM
I have used the stuff before...Added to water in order to lower the freezing points in large building HVAC systems. Had a bit splash on me...tasted sweet. NOT something I would ingest on purpose!

Yep, don't miss working on chilled water systems, water down here has a to of lime and calcium.:p

it is a type of antifreeze. But you may know Ethylene glycol as a more common type.

Propylene is "food safe" as are some kinds of grease. It can be used in and around food production. It can also be used in food as a preservative.

Ethylene is not food safe...

wow... and all this time we've been wasting our time on brewing, and we could've been just adding a few drops of some "stuff" in a bottle to keester or nasty light... adds a new meaning to "second runnings"

I'm eagerly waiting their European Light Lager version. ;)

That list of ingredients is a disgrace. Water, propylene glycol, natural & artificial flavors, and food coloring. Seriously, no malt extract or hops extract? Make this a hop bomb and a lot of us would be buyers.

I liked the review guys reactions. Priceless. I'm with him,enjoy some REAL craft beer. I didn't think that stuff sounded like a very good idea. Now I'm positive.

So I have to say my initial reaction to this is the same as a lot of the other posters here. Craft brew "flavor" my butt! However, I haven't tried it. I think many products have their place even if they seem moronic to others. It would be interesting to have this in a blind lineup with some real craft brew, maybe not your favorites because you know what you like already. Keep in mind that within the craft brew world there is such a huge range of flavors, profiles, and styles that not every beer is for every man, maybe this resembles a brew you just happen to dislike. Some brew is complex and layered while others are straightforward and one-dimensional, and designed accordingly. I have to imagine this product is an imitation of the latter.

All these things are just musings because as I said, I haven't tried it, but I like to keep an open mind. Can someone weigh in here that has? I probably wouldn't go to the trouble to order it but if I ever see it local I'll probably check it out from pure curiosity and do some taste testing. The YouTube review was interesting but not much detail there.

One final thought... Many of us have made a batch of homebrew we didn't like, and suffered though it because dumping beer is sacrilegious, at least this guy is turning a profit from it ;-)

One final thought... Many of us have made a batch of homebrew we didn't like, and suffered though it because dumping beer is sacrilegious, ...
No way. When I make a beer I'm not proud of, it goes down the sink with no tears shed. We're in this hobby to drink GOOD beer, not second-rate swill! :rockin:

Like the quote on the review guys video.
"My husband said there already is a flavor enhancer for beer. It's called Whiskey."

This would be great to pull out at the next home brewers meeting to "enhance" your buddy's latest effort.

Back