No need to homebrew anymore with this product

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipadelphia

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before but I found it funny.
Looks like a much cheaper option than homebrewing, sign me up!!

This is just too funny...

http://ontapbeer.com/

OnTap Beer is a revolutionary new way to enjoy beer. Add our liquid beer enhancer to any domestic beer and enjoy a craft brew taste at a fraction of the cost.

WTF? So you just squirt a few drops of "pale" into a sh!tty BMC and everything is ok? I don't really get what is happening here.

I don't even want to know what the ingredient list for the "liquid beer enhancer" could be.

Nope, this looks quite real. I wonder if it is like their water flavoring kin (i.e., lots of cancer chemicals)

My guess is, it's watery LME with some hop concentrate thrown in.

Pretty inventive, but not sure how marketable it's going to be.

I stand corrected. I too am curious about what happens when you add the "Pale Ale" to a lager like bud light. I can only imagine the results being more catastrophic that Googling the internet, or using a 3D printer to make a 3D printer.

Not sure if this has been posted before but I found it funny.
Looks like a much cheaper option than homebrewing, sign me up!!

This is just too funny...

http://ontapbeer.com/

OnTap Beer is a revolutionary new way to enjoy beer. Add our liquid beer enhancer to any domestic beer and enjoy a craft brew taste at a fraction of the cost.

:confused::confused:

If this is real, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

I stand corrected. I too am curious about what happens when you add the "Pale Ale" to a lager like bud light. I can only imagine the results being more catastrophic that Googling the internet, or using a 3D printer to make a 3D printer.

Ah! But your examples are more akin to the question: "What happens if I add the 'pale ale' to an actual pale ale?!"

Also, most Bud Light drinkers don't like lagers, anyway. Just ask around.

As a joke (partly), I took some Bud Black Crown to a drink-the-cellar tasting some guys from my himebrew club were having. I wonder if I should bring this for the next one?

"Let's see, should we do the vertical of Parabola, or have some Coors Light with this **** squirted into it?"

Ah! But your examples are more akin to the question: "What happens if I add the 'pale ale' to an actual pale ale?!"

Also, most Bud Light drinkers don't like lagers, anyway. Just ask around.

No, adding Pale Ale to a Pale Ale just makes it Paler Aler at a fraction of the cost. Duh, read the website.

This country is f#*king imploding! But it may be a good option for hipster ****** bags, maybe it will keep them outta our brewery tap rooms.

If you add "Pale Ale" to a pale ale...

This:

image-8760991.jpg

LOL...I did not realize it had a Facebook page. Seems like it's an actual business.

I wouldn't put it past people to buy it and take it seriously though, I'm sure there are dumber products out there making a killing.

Thier FB page is taking a beating on most comments, a lot of negative

I joined in on the FB page and made a few (not positive comments). I wasn't trying to be mean or rude, but they are talking out of their ass on some of their marketing.

This product is doomed to failure. Their market is not well defined. Craft beer drinkers would rather chew their arm off than use this... and BMC drinkers don't want their beer to taste like craft beer (assuming this actually works as advertised, which is highly unlikely). It's unfocused.

In their defense us sitting here joking about it is one thing. Going on their advertisement board and commenting how bad it is without trying is being a dick

Why? I'm commenting on some of the massive flaws in their marketing, not on the product itself... although I find it hard to believe that the product is decent. If you put yourself out there and expect people to pay you money for something, you better be ready to take some punches.

Why? I'm commenting on some of the massive flaws in their marketing, not on the product itself... although I find it hard to believe that the product is decent. If you put yourself out there and expect people to pay you money for something, you better be ready to take some punches.

I agree, especially if your product is clearly a money grab in a arena people are passionate about.

I just don't think it's right to sabotage someone's idea. Yes it's clearly flawed. People like us will just buy a better product to begin. Most BMC types like their swill. Maybe there is a market for this of people in between. I hope he succeeds because that's how free markets work. But he won't get it from me. Time will tell

You know, at $5 for a bottle of it I may give it a shot. On the occasion that I find myself somewhere that doesn't have any beer that I like, having this as a fall back option doesn't seem so bad. I am also curious about their process and would like to know exactly what they are doing

I just don't think it's right to sabotage someone's idea. Yes it's clearly flawed. People like us will just buy a better product to begin. Most BMC types like their swill. Maybe there is a market for this of people in between. I hope he succeeds because that's how free markets work. But he won't get it from me. Time will tell

1. Criticism is not "sabotage". Hyperbole much?

2. Free markets don't "work" when bad ideas succeed. Free markets "work" when good ideas work, and bad ones get clown-stomped in to oblivion by the better ideas (in this case, the better ideas are REAL craft beer).

At one point steam ships and airplanes were "bad ideas". Just because you think it's a bad idea doesn't mean the masses think the same

If you seriously think this is a good idea, I think someone may need to flick you in the ears.

At the risk of sounding like someone who rides a very tall horse--good beer is more than the sum of its ingredients. It is an amalgamation of the whole process, from beginning to end. Everything the brewer does affects the final product. Good beer is something that can't be concentrated and added to crap beer to make good beer.

Take a bottle of your best homebrew and add it to some Natural Light. If that tastes good to you, then you're going to love this stuff.

I agree with you 100% but we aren't a majority of the beer consuming population. If there is a market more power to him. If not better luck next time. That's how free markets work. I just don't think it's right to say you suck without seeing results

This could be a good thing. Give it to BMC drinkers and see if they get a hankering for better beer. I wish them the best of luck, since there's no way in hell this is going to put a dent into more craft breweries opening up.

Back