Successful first beer invite...and carboy is on #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamwhatiseem

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome...had a few relatives and friends over last night for me first beer party. It was great. Everyone thought the beer was excellent (as the 23 of 24 bottles I put in the refrigerator now empty attest to). Thank God no more mysterious "salty" bottles as I had a few days ago...all went great.
The only problem is I now only have 24 beers left.
Good thing I just made this..........:)

0413131201.jpg

What was the first batch and what's in the carboy now? I'm waiting for my first batch to be ready to bottle. This waiting game is brutal.

Congrats! And you know what? If you're anything like me, new friends will come out of the woodwork. It's simply amazing how many people like your free beer. Make sure you institute an 'empty (clean) bottle for new bottle' policy. It really stinks having to wait to brew until you have accumulated enough bottles.

What was the first batch and what's in the carboy now? I'm waiting for my first batch to be ready to bottle. This waiting game is brutal.

The first was Caribou Slobber from Northern Brewer.
The 2nd is Honey Nut Brown Ale. What can I say, I like Amber/Brown ales.
Next up - I am searching for a good Summer session beer...haven't locked on one yet.
And yes the waiting is brutal. However everyone on this forum is right - after the first one is done - you switch from impatient to perfectionist...now that you made your first, you concentrate on making it better.

I have to agree with ya there. After the first one,you start getting pickier on honing in your process to produce higher quality. Besides more different styles. I've been on a light & dark hybrid lager kick lately. but the next will be a NZ IPA to use up a bunch of New Zealand hops in the freezer.
Then another version of the dark,a smoky nut brown I thought up.

Latest posts

Back