Super noob from Vacaville Ca

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

223nbecker45

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I'm waiting on me kit to be delivered and reading all the info I can.
Dont worry I wont ask a bunch of noob questions I read and investigate as much as possible. Alot of great info on this site.:mug:

Welcome 223! If you need to find anything beer related, you've come to the right place. Which kit are you waiting on? I'm sure a few folks on here will have some tips / advice on how to use the equipment and ingredients you're about to receive!

Cheers.

Welcome! Your biggest problem will be keeping your fermenters cool in the summer, unless you have A/C. Lots of ways to do that.

I'm waiting on the deluxe kit from Cleveland brew shop. The temp during fermentation is something I'm looking into before I start my first brew. My fisrt brew will be an American ale kit from morebeer.

Good luck with the new hobby, 223. We mailed out replacements for the damaged items earlier this week. Hope all reaches you well.

Have fun and ask questions.

Ok first brew day went pretty good. Things I learned and changing. I bought a burner of Craigslist that sits about 7 inches of the ground and it took about 50-55 minutes to get 4 gallons of water to boil on a test run. Brewed with it and it took along time. Answer blichmann burner just put it together with the leg extensions. Second thing is I got a lot of hop sediment and what I think was hot and cold break, looked like butterscotch pudding floating around. All that stuff clogged the screen in my funnel with about 3/4 of a gallon through it. Not sure what to do about that yet, but i have to change something because i have a plate chiller now. Third I fermented in a brand new bucket from my kit and it leaked around the lid and I got nothing from the air lock, but I've read a lot on this forum and waited a week and took a sample and got 1.013 and started at 1.053. I don't see to much bucket fermintations in my future.

Hello everyone
I'm waiting on me kit to be delivered and reading all the info I can.
Dont worry I wont ask a bunch of noob questions I read and investigate as much as possible. Alot of great info on this site.:mug:

Hi 223, we have much in common. We are both new, and we both know Vacaville. I spent a couple of years there (59 & 60), and went to school with the Powers boys (Nut Tree owners). My dad was the station manager of the Chevron gas station (no longer there), which was across the street from the NT. Many fond memories. In fact, I was 8-yrs old and tried to make my first beer, from wheat I gleaned from the wheat fields behind the station.......Jim.

Hello from vacaville....I am a huge home brewer if you want to come over and have a beer let me know...I am trying to stet a Vacaville home brewer club

My bucket has only on this last batch sealed enough for the airlock to move, but every beer through it has turned out just fine. There are pros and cons for any fermentation vessel. I normally use a glass carboy because I'm a nerd and like to pull the cover off of it and see what's going on. On the flip side, buckets sure are easy to clean! I use my bucket when carboys are full.

Hi Air_Force, any chance you know of a good water report for Vacaville? I'm in the area and getting back into brewing.

Back