Pretty green here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, I just started this hobby a couple months ago im super excited to find out what my patience will yield. I can't wait to learn more and make more and better brews. I am starting with meads. Basically traditional mead as a base and then adding some fruits to help change the flavor profile and create some interesting colors.

I found thus because I was looking for an answer regarding siphoning off of pulp. And I didn't find the answer here but actually on reddit. I'll post about it on my page if anyone is interested. (And if I can figure out how to make a post)
Thanks all,
Mike

Welcome from Missouri, neighbor. Haven't made mead yet, but it's in my sights. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Cheers!

Welcome aboard this crazy train we call a hobby. I'm a mead maker of many years. Although you may think you are beginning with a simple alcoholic beverage, meads are to be respected. They have endless possibilities and require diligence and patient's to master. You will find answers to many questions here. So relax and have a homebrew while you explore the pages of Homebrew Talk.

I vehemently agree with both patience and wallet size. Why must all the GOOD hobbies be so incredibly expensive? Motorcycles? Guns? Tattoos? They all cost so damn much.

I agree, the more I read into mead and making mead and various techniques the more I realize how the simple brews like Joe's Ancient Orange Mead are really just the tip of the ice berg here. I didn't start with JAOM. I think I started with the basic mead recipe from city stealing and added strawberries to it. I think the strawberries were somewhat pointless however. I ended up losing a fair amount of mead to the sediment and pulp and I don't think I got anywhere near as much strawberry flavor as I'd hoped. Oh well, live and learn right? That batch is now in secondary. I took a quick taste a couple days ago and it's still very young. It has a lot of mellowing out ti do, but u have no doubt utll turn out great.

I'm excited to start getting into some more complex brews. One of the next projects I want to tackle is a braggot. It looks like a very fun challenge.

Back