Prepare to learn from my mistakes...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VonRunkel

Reaction score
Hi brew world,
I am super new to this booze making thing, and by that I mean I have a 2gallon Keg of Mr Beers Cowboy sitting in my spare shower. I have read a lot (not nearly as much as I could have), but I'm eager to learn the bejesus out of it. I'm planning on fine tuning my beer building with Mr Beer, and then one day, spreading my fledgling wings and soaring into the heavens like the Icarus of beer..... And then I'll be the most famous beer builder ever.... Or something like that.

First of all welcome to the addiction/hobby/lifestyle. By all means I'm not a super experienced brewer nor have I ever used a Mr beer kit but I would look at northernbrewer.com or midwestsupplies.com to look at starter kits for both equipment and ingredients. Thats how I got into this.

passedpawn said:
Before long you'll be souring near the sun... and your wings wont melt. Welcome to HBT.

If you keep with it you'll find the rabbit hole is deep indeed.

I love sour beers! Lol

I started with Mr. Beer. It is very limited, but there are things you can do right away to charge up your Mr. Beer batches:

1) At least 3 weeks for fermentation, 1 week for carbonation.
2) Check out different yeasts at your local homebrew shop/online.
3) Most of the Mr. Beer kits supplement the wort with adjunct (corn sugar). Why not replace it with malt extract?
4) Experiment with different hops.

Have fun with it!

Back