Four tap tower: four way manifold or go bigger?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order a co2 manifold. I figure I have 4 taps, so get a 4 way manifold.

But then, I got to thinking what if I wanted to add more taps? I already have six 5 gallon cornys and a pair of the 2.5 gallon stackables. I know I will want some more stackables as I like variety.

Would it be better to just get a bigger manifold like a 6-8 way manifold? Or would it be better to stay with a 4 way for now, and just add another 4 way or smaller in the future?

How much room do you have in your kegerator for kegs?

Personally I would just go with the 4 way manifold. If/when you expand down the road, you can always add another manifold downstream from the first one.

Personally I would just go with the 4 way manifold. If/when you expand down the road, you can always add another manifold downstream from the first one.

I would also consider using the mfl swivels and ball lo is instead ofbarbed disconnects, more flexibility.

Four five gallon kegs or 8 of the 2.5 gallons stacked.

I'm kinda leaning on the 4 way for now and just add on as you mentioned. I wanted to ask in case there was a better option.

I would also consider using the mfl swivels and ball lo is instead ofbarbed disconnects, more flexibility.

Already am. I bought a bunch of MFL swivels a few weeks back and went ahead and built up my gas/beer lines. I can't remember what I used for the gas lines, but I know the tubing is not smaller than 1/4" ID. The beer lines are 3/16" ID.

Back