So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be brewing an APA with my buddies!

Cheers from Curitiba!

I spent 6 weeks in Curitiba in 1997! Can't remember where exactly but I still have the Brain plush (from Pinky and the Brain) here in my cubicle. I remember I went to this one bar (Black Forest?) where I drank my first submarine! Apparently a German specialty but I've never heard of it before.

I was gonna, but not anymore. I was all set to pull the trigger on a Citra APA tomorrow but, as of last night, the DIPA in my fermenter needed some coddling. So the temp in there now is a balmy 72F, and I don't like fermenting my APAs that high.

So, next weekend it is. I hope.

I'm a devout hop head, but brewing a light easy drinking cream ale tomorrow (all grain). This one is for my coors light drinking swmbo.

Brewed a cream ale last night with my son. He was a big help getting my new homemade mash tun set up so it wouldn't leak. Bubbling away as I type!

Scott

Sounds to me like a thread of bammer pics of their first legal brew should be looked into...

I am on my mash rest right now and have taken a few snaps so far, if someone else doesn't start it first, I will when I'm done

I am doing a "clean out the closet" Pale Ale. I had malt that was old, but looked/tasted/smelled great so it is being used. Realized the hops I intended to use were earmarked for something else, so improvised that. THink I am going to use SO5 this time instead of my mainstay SO4

8# Pale Ale Malt
1# Victory
1# Carastan

1oz Perle 8aa 60 minutes
1oz Hersbrucker 5 minutes
1oz Cascade 5 Minutes

I finally decided to do a big Saison as the post graduation celebration brew. My father in law and I are going to do a double batch on Monday. Starting with some Drew Beechum recipes that I am tweaking a little based on info in Farmhouse Ales and articles and lectures by Chad Yakobson from Crooked Stave on Brett brewing. I am fermenting half the batch with Brett B cultured up from a bottle of Wild Wild Brett and the other half with Wyeast 3724 Belgian Saison (the Dupont strain). It is a temperamental strain but I have learned a lot more about it from Phil Markowski's book and my experience brewing a batch that stalled out. I thought that beer sucked when I finally jacked the temps into the insanity range (90's!) and got it to ferment out, but after about 6 months it tastes freaking awesome! Well worth a little TLC

Gonna brew on Wednesday afternoon with a buddy who wants some input on his process. Not sure what he's brewing (said he has to buy a kit), but I'm doing a Brown Porter for a regional inter-club competition. Hoping my QDs come by that morning!

Trying at a 3.8% Session IPA next Sunday, then, one each weekend until mid-June, the following: what I call a Patersbier, Mirror Pond clone, Summer Citrus Saison, Pale Mild, and a CAP.

Addicted Coffee Stout finished last night, started bubbling today and krausen is forming.. can't wait to taste it!

Made a stout,I think, used the rest of my ingredients up(Like over 20 ingredients), so its kind of a mix up kitchen sink brew.(I got a baby on the way soon-need to chillax on the brewing/craft beer a bit) Also was my first 5 gallon batch. Ive only done 1.5-2.5. Using only stove top. I did add a # of extract but managed somehow to BIAB 9 pounds of malt,took three to 4 pots but I managed 2 weak boils with one strong boil rotating pots on burners over 70 min. I used the sparged wort to boil in my 3rd pot then added the extract last 10 min. Got a 1.052 OG-not bad. Also doing a 3-4 week primary only in my 6.5 gallon bottle bucket then Ill bottle straight from that using some carb tabs Ive never tried before up. Sounds easy,no racking. In and out,just like a Mr.Beer.

Damn! Just got through with the Super Saison double batch...that was a beast! First time I have maxed out my mash tun and my chugger was worrying me-kept overheating and shutting off if I had it rotated on its side and cavitating and losing prime if I had it flat on the base. Even with a pound of rice hulls I was walking the stuck sparge line! FWH the bittering Warrior and 5oz of Cascade and Amarillo as whirlpool additions made for a super hoppy but smooth American Super Saison. Pitched half with Brett and half with Dupont as planned. These are going to be awesome when they are ready in a couple of months!

I'll be brewing out on Upstreams Patio using their ingredients for the "Homebrew Experience" that they are putting on for Craft Beer week. They are providing all the ingredients, we just bring our equipment. I'll be brewing up a big Imperial India red ale.

Not sure if I will get to it this weekend or not, but I ordered mats for a Golden Ale today; 7.5# 2row 2.5# Munich 7, 1 oz WGV to bitter, 1 oz WGV and 1 oz Cascade to finish. SO5

Brewing a new batch of brown ale this weekend, the last batch vanishe quickly :) Its similar to Caribou Slobber but I changed the grain bill slightly and using a different yeast than the original.

Well, technically any time I have off is a weekend, so after I get home from this trip, I'm gonna be brewing a Roggenbier (Midwest kit). I may also brew a bitter, if I can finish off a keg, so I can rack my mild into it, and free up a fermenter. Whew, I need to invest in a few more fermenting buckets...

Zombie Dust clone for me this weekend, my pipeline has taken a major hit. I gave away 60 bottles at a homebrew get together this weekend and I only have an imperial stout and a Kolsch in primary right now. Kolsch won't be ready to drink for 7 weeks or so and the stout won't be ready for months. So I'm going to be playing catch-up for a while.

My second all-grain is on the calendar for this weekend. Abbey Dubbel. Just need to rack the first to secondary to free up a fermenter.

Iv'e got two beers planned for this weekend, teaching a bunch of people how to brew (second weekend in a row); blonde ale and a blueberry wheat, and about eight people in my kitchen.

Think I am going to brew that Oktoberfest. Maybe start pulling together recipe ideas for the black lager. I have been too durn busy these past few weeks.

I'll be drinking more of my light & dark hybrid lagers. Maybe Saturday I'll brew up the PM Berlin Wheat kit. Just gotta go fill up on local spring water & big bag of ice. This'll be my first time using Wyeast smack packs as well.

I'll be drinking more of my light & dark hybrid lagers. Maybe Saturday I'll brew up the PM Berlin Wheat kit. Just gotta go fill up on local spring water & big bag of ice. This'll be my first time using Wyeast smack packs as well.

I used one for the first time in my last batch. It worked great loved the flavor but it started really slow. Took almost a full 48 hours before fermintation started.

I've had them take a day or two with starters. But this one should be low enough OG-wise to pitch after swelling. It's the Wyeast Bavarian wheat blend.

I'm going to bottle my 1.050 newcastle clone....then brew my 1.137 barleywine and throw it on top of the WLP002 yeastcake. Expecting an explosive weekend. Can't wait to try it in a year.

I'm going for it. Single hop Mosaic APA. Well, sort of single hop...this recipe uses .5 oz of Warrior for bittering. So it might as well be single hopped.

Latest posts

Back