Post Your Final Beer pH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt use to come into my shop and we would discuss this topic quite a bit. He worked at a local brewery and told me they would acidify post fermentation quite a bite to create a crisper beer. I started doing it with my dry hopped beers and the flavor is noticeably different.

Oh cool...there's not a lot of info on post fermentation adjustments. I've been dosing individual glasses of beer lately with lactic acid and noticing a difference (if not an improvement). I've even hit my IPA's with a small amount of sour beer at times and liked the results.

Do you have any rule of thumb as to how much acid to add for a finished beer to get to your desired ph?

Like this thread very fascinated that From 2014 to current wy 1056 and 1272 have been consistent. I just finished kegging a DIPA and kept tabs on my PH from Mash to final product. Although I don't have the numbers in front of me I can say that My Final PH was 4.89 after dry hopping. I do recall my End of boil to be a tad higher than I expected in the 5.6 range. My curiosity now has me wanting to see the lager results.

During the winter months I brew lagers and use 2124, 2278, and 2308. Ill add my results in 10 months.

Wanted to bump this thread. I've been very good about getting my mash pH readings where I want but just started thinking about post boil pH and final pH readings. Going to be checking this in the future brews and posting the results.

I've got a Pale Ale in the fermenter now that had a mash pH of 5.7 and acidified (phosphoric) down to 5.09 post boil. Using Nottingham yeast so i'll report back what the final pH is after fermentation is complete and then after dry hop. Thinking I'll try to acidify it down to 4.5 if it's quite a bit higher.

Not sure if this thread is still a thing but I just took a reading of my Oberon Clone with Bell's House yeast from Imperial (A62) at kegging and it came out at 4.41.

Back