Post your Christmas Brew-gifts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something to read and relax with, 3 chapters in and learnt a lot already!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 4.13.33 PM.png

I disregarded the Ho-Hum reviews on this forum and got Santa to stuff my stocking with this "Light" reading. Contrary to conventional remarks, I've found it to be very interesting and informative. It's also accurately predictive of what appears to be trending in the craft beer marketplace. Ms. Talley offers many obvious, but many NOT so 'obvious', insights not only to brewing Session beers but just brewing in general.

I'm learning a lot, re-learning what I once knew but may have 'misplaced' in an aging memory bank, and am getting excited about improving my sessionable brews, from Continental lagers to 4% WCIPAs and low alcohol hoppy Pale Ales. I think it's one of the best "Christmas reads" I've received in some time.

Oh, and I also got about a dozen accessories and assorted add-ons to my existing systems from Spike, SS Brew Tech, BrewHardware, Stout Tanks, etc. I might not have been all that good this year, but Santa sure was good to me!

Wasn't a gift but while visiting family I was given a 10 pound box of quaker oats. I want to make an oat whiskey with it, I'm planning to do the cereal mash via sous vide to ensure complete gelatinization, then mash it with 6-row barley and a kiss of wheat. See what the old quaker bastard can muster. I was presented the box with a "how much do you like eating oatmeal? It's good for the heart." and I was like "I friggin' luuurv oatmeal. I'll take it!!"

i too will take any fermentable....

View attachment 754052

I disregarded the Ho-Hum reviews on this forum and got Santa to stuff my stocking with this "Light" reading. Contrary to conventional remarks, I've found it to be very interesting and informative. It's also accurately predictive of what appears to be trending in the craft beer marketplace. Ms. Talley offers many obvious, but many NOT so 'obvious', insights not only to brewing Session beers but just brewing in general.

I'm learning a lot, re-learning what I once knew but may have 'misplaced' in an aging memory bank, and am getting excited about improving my sessionable brews, from Continental lagers to 4% WCIPAs and low alcohol hoppy Pale Ales. I think it's one of the best "Christmas reads" I've received in some time.

Oh, and I also got about a dozen accessories and assorted add-ons to my existing systems from Spike, SS Brew Tech, BrewHardware, Stout Tanks, etc. I might not have been all that good this year, but Santa sure was good to me!
Got that one free with my AHA membership last year. Lots of good stuff in there.

Back