Water newbie, need some guidence!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcory77

Reaction score
Ok, I recently got my water report. I am interested in crafting my water chemistry towards IPAs, pale ales, and Cali commons, but I will admit I am out of my league when I read some of these threads, ok, most of them!!!! Can someone point me in the right direction so I can start easy and slow and not be overwhelmed?

Here is my water report. Thanks for any replies!!!!

image-2235961283.jpg

The first thing you need to do is send a sample off to Ward Labs for analysis. This will get you the values of the parameters of interest to you as a brewer (as opposed to those listed on your municipal report). You will need this information in order to make informed treatment decisions.

The Primer in the Stickies is designed to help people like you get started in water treatment. The general philosophy is to dilute the water down to the point that the minerals in it are inconsequential compared to the minerals you will add thus putting you in control. You would probably need to dilute your water by 2:1 or 3:1 with RO water to achieve this but you really need to see the Ward Labs report to know for sure.

Latest posts

Back