Poolside Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't done much new in the brewshed than use it.

Now that the temps have been dipping overnight I did add a ceramic heat emitter along with a 120 cfm fan to the heat side of my temp controller. Sunday we pulled and kegged 8gal of English pale ale and 5 gal of pumpkin and loaded the chamber back up with 8gal of toasted coconut cream stout and 5gal of citra double IPA.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1443656683.905410.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1443656702.863995.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1443656721.323127.jpg
And here is a more recent inside shot
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1443656803.364642.jpg
Oh and I almost forgot. The dogs decided the underside of the shed was a fun hang out but since swmbo wasn't happy about the Shepard laying in dirt I built a stone wall to fill the void.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1443657773.522274.jpg

Bumped up the cool factor a bit on the walls.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458819137.898293.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458819178.108695.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458819194.693175.jpg
I've got more to go up and another stack of pallet, and reclaimed wood but with springs arrival I've got a large project load including my New hop line.
It's my killing 3 birds with one stone plan. With my little one getting older and more mobile I needed to break down and put up a pool fence. The second issue is my neighbors two houses down like to sit on their side deck and watch whatever we are out at the pool and third my current hop garden is being taken over by a playset very soon. The solution. My raised bed privacy fence hop trellis!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458819652.568929.jpg
It will be 30' long with locust posts running 13' out of the ground. I may extend some pipe out of the top to give myself another 4' but I will probably see how this year goes. The raised bed will be. 1' tall with an open bottom for root growth. The plan was to run the fence boards up 6' but after setting at the bar yesterday I think they could go a bit higher.

It started friendly enough but now it's just too much. Instead on smoking on their huge back deck they choose the small side section facing our yard

Just went through your build, fricking awesome job and I'm jealous as I have to lug my stuff out of the basement to brew on the pool deck but I do have a floating beer pong table for my pool but I digress.

We have neighbors behind us that have a raised patio and seem to look down in our pool. You're right it's weird, and they have their own pool but they haven't planted any landscaping. I'm adding more to block them.

Earlier I believe you mentioned someone using pool water to recirculate through the chiller, great idea, did they just use a pump and return or did they add fitting to the pools pump system, I'm thinking this might be a project for my Memorial Day

BTW I think you should vent through the Jeep grill too, better yet, get a Mack grille with shutters JK

Earlier I believe you mentioned someone using pool water to recirculate through the chiller, great idea, did they just use a pump and return or did they add fitting to the pools pump system, I'm thinking this might be a project for my Memorial Day

I have a friend that does this and he uses just pumps from the pool and back until the wort gets to approximately pool temp. Then he switches to ice water to get it down to pitching temps. This does save a lot of water.

Just went through your build, fricking awesome job and I'm jealous as I have to lug my stuff out of the basement to brew on the pool deck but I do have a floating beer pong table for my pool but I digress.

We have neighbors behind us that have a raised patio and seem to look down in our pool. You're right it's weird, and they have their own pool but they haven't planted any landscaping. I'm adding more to block them.

BTW I think you should vent through the Jeep grill too, better yet, get a Mack grille with shutters JK

Thanks! I haven't used to pool to chill yet but I've thought about it. My only hang up is the damage that the chlorine could do to my plate chiller that and the sink in 2' away from my brew pot and cold well water works awesome.
I too have a floating beer pong table although with the little ones it doesn't seem to come out much any more.

I totally should vent through the Jeep Grill and there man some parts coming off my current project that could make that happen.

Thanks! I haven't used to pool to chill yet but I've thought about it. My only hang up is the damage that the chlorine could do to my plate chiller
maybe get/make yourself an immersion chiller, use the pool to get down to the low 100's, then switch to the plate chiller?

but if you've got essentially free & cold well water, might not be worth the effort.

on the plus side, you would be getting some free pool heating. might be nice in the spring and fall.

Back