Experimental Brewing Forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denny

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Drew Beechum and I are co-authoring a book called "Experimental Brewing", due to be published next spring. We've set up a forum/blog at experimentalbrew.com for you to share your experiments and thoughts on the topic. We'd love to hear about experiments you've done, or want to do, or what kind of topics you'd like to see covered. Let us know and you may end up in the book!

What is your guys definition of "experimental brewing?" Is it ingredients, or techniques, or hardware in an unconventional way that makes it so?

I mean, it's not too uncommon for me, as you can see by many of my threads, to use unconventional ingredients (like ginger snaps in the mash tun) but to me that's not necessarily "experimental" as much as just taking an ingredient that still is essentially nothing by sugar in cookie from.

Or is flavoring my priming sugar with ginger root "experimental" or using sugar that has had vanilla beans infused in it?

I think it's a great idea, but I'm wondering what your parameters are?

:mug:

I fermented two liters of Red Bull. There should be an entire chapter on why NOT to do that.

*shudder*

What is your guys definition of "experimental brewing?" Is it ingredients, or techniques, or hardware in an unconventional way that makes it so?

I mean, it's not too uncommon for me, as you can see by many of my threads, to use unconventional ingredients (like ginger snaps in the mash tun) but to me that's not necessarily "experimental" as much as just taking an ingredient that still is essentially nothing by sugar in cookie from.

Or is flavoring my priming sugar with ginger root "experimental" or using sugar that has had vanilla beans infused in it?

I think it's a great idea, but I'm wondering what your parameters are?

Any or all of the above, Revvy! Unusual and/or innovative ingredients, equipment or techniques, comparisons between 2 ways of doing things....

Back