I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's Cheers to the late night HBT crew!
These past few months I sure have missed you
To my dear friend Pappy you know him as Passepawn
Thank you Bro for keeping the count on
Brewed a few batches on a new wooden brewstand
The first a disaster the rig had the upper hand
Chugger pump overheated and the sparge got stuck
Reverted to siphoning and had pretty good luck
Haven’t read through all the missed posts
I wonder if Bobbi Lynn’s ol’ possum is now toast
LRB, I don't know what to say
You my friend sure make my day.

I have a lot of catching up to do
I love HBT and truly missed all of you.

How about some tunes. :mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Leadgolmen. Helpful Lenting? Yes I suppose it was. It helped me appreciate what I took for granted. So easy for me to get caught up in everyday life.

This is why I must stay in my own little world. Pretend nothing is wrong and just get the roof fixed. Brew some more beer. Maybe go get a tattoo. Pay bills, plant the gardens.... feed the chickens, hunt for possums. Hope that tomorrow hubby is having a better day, and try to stay out of his way, but still try to care for him at the same time. Be happy when he sleeps but then feel like I must keep looking, make sure he is breathing, looks so still, so pale. Then go distract myself, work on the mural in my craft room, whatever. I'm trying to make it look like I'm inside an aquarium, the walls, my palette, are aqua blue.

BobbiLynn - sounds like you are doing one heck of a job for your hubby. Just as importantly you're taking care of yourself too which is critical since you have to be his rock right now. Best of wishes you get to the other side of this chemo and he starts to rebound!

I wake up after a doze,
What do I see? The man in prose.

Where did he go?
No one knows.

Welcome back, Dan.

I wake up after a doze,
What do I see? The man in prose.

Where did he go?
No one knows.

Welcome back, Dan.

It seems nobody ever knows
The actual definition of PROSE :D

You're the third HBTer I've seen
Misusing it with Dan, so it could be worse!
So what does the word actually mean?
Precisely the opposite of this, which is VERSE! ;)

What's up Dan? Welcome back. Don't worry too much about catching up, just jump in head first. You might get wet, but your martini will still be dry.

It seems nobody ever knows
The actual definition of PROSE :D

You're the third HBTer I've seen
Misusing it with Dan, so it could be worse!
So what does the word actually mean?
Precisely the opposite of this, which is VERSE! ;)

Well, verse didn't rhyme with doze!!

I would like to tell you the real reason the possum hunt was stymied. I'd like to say that I was just waiting for Dan to get back, so he didn't miss the excitement, but really it was another reason.

Hubby and his friend want in on the catch. Well, he's our friend, he gave us 2 additional traps and some cans of cat food. They want to disguise the traps with foliage and then place the cat food leading to each one, surrounding the perimeter anywhere it's possible the possum may exit. So they say, wait, wait, I can help you with that. Either they step up quick and help or I'm stealing their plan and doing it myself when hubby's not looking. Heck, I'm the one who grabbed the 4 foot snake when it was eating our chickens!!! I don't like it when people underestimate me. Just because I tried and tied to catch a possum and failed, doesn't mean I am unable to trap one!!!!

Shhhhhhh! It's possum season!

For a Thursday I don't know why but I am in a good mood! Maybe it has to do with the DIPAs I've had but maybe not. Let's get some music going though...

You're going to get that sneaky possum Bobbi!

So, I got off early today, and I decided to take a mid-day nap. I had a horrible nightmare. I was brewing (I dream about brew related things a lot). It was a dark beer, but I'm not really sure what style it was. I like to brew stouts and porters a lot, so I'm sure it was one of those. The brew had already been chilled and put in to my fermenter bucket, and for some stupid reason I poured dirty water in the wort in my dream. I realized that I likely had just infected my brew, so I started freaking out. Then I woke up all stressed out. For a minute I thought it really happened. After I thought about it for a second I realized it was just a dream, and I was relieved. I hope this is not a sign of something to come on my next brew day, which is this Saturday!

Nah ... I'm sure you will be on your guard after having this dream so you'll be fine. Out of curiosity - what are you planning to brew?

I guess I'm lucky. I dream (so I get that sound sleep) but rarely does itl inger when I wake up.

John Denver, RIP. I really like that guy. His songbook is a great late night soundtrack. I remember when his plane went down in Calif. What a sad day.

"I'm sorry" is one of the most difficult and powerful things a person can say to another.

This, for your late night on HBT soundtrack.

I had the most awesome dream last night that I tried to get back to sleep this morning to see what would happen next. Dreamed that alien creatures took over the world and a bunch of us were fleeing in a bus/truck thing. We found that if we kept rabbits on leashes when we stopped for breaks(every 5 hours), that the alien creatures would eat the bunnies first, giving us time to haul ass back to the bus and get away.

Nah ... I'm sure you will be on your guard after having this dream so you'll be fine. Out of curiosity - what are you planning to brew?

I guess I'm lucky. I dream (so I get that sound sleep) but rarely does itl inger when I wake up.

I'm brewing a hoppy red/amber with late additions of NZ Motueka and also dry hopping with NZ Motueka and NZ Hallertauer. I'm using Conan to ferment it. I'm going for a very fruity character, which will come from the Motueka and Conan. For this reason I decided to name it "Immortal Fruits".

It's a recipe that was inspired by Nukebrewer's Kiwi Red recipe.

I'm brewing a hoppy red/amber with late additions of NZ Motueka and also dry hopping with NZ Motueka and NZ Hallertauer. I'm using Conan to ferment it. I'm going for a very fruity character, which will come from the Motueka and Conan. For this reason I decided to name it "Immortal Fruits".

It's a recipe that was inspired by Nukebrewer's Kiwi Red recipe.

Nice - I had a sample of an IIPA fermented with Conan and loved the fruity notes. This sounds like a good one! :mug:

Nice - I had a sample of an IIPA fermented with Conan and loved the fruity notes. This sounds like a good one! :mug:

I love using Conan. It's one of the most amazing yeast strains I've ever worked with. I've never seen such aggressive yeast. I've only used it in IPA's, but I intend to experiment with it on other styles. It never ceases to amaze me how you can harvest the dregs of one can of beer and ferment 100's of gallons of beer with it potentially.

Been to a PF concert myself. Went with a bunch of super fans, I like PF, but not like those other folks went crazy over them.

So I want to tell anyone listening that my best friend Laura is the best friend to have ever been invented. She knows everything, she knows how I feel by my hello. She also always has the perfect advice to give. Do not ask hubby what he wants to eat or what time he wants to eat, just make it at the same time everyday and make what I got to cook. :smack: She said she will see if she can bring leftovers up to the shelter in town, she lives nearby me and goes by the homeless shelter on her way to work. The tattoo parlor I went to was only a couple blocks from that shelter and a man sat next to me, while I was waiting and having lunch, sitting outside at the bar area. He said he was so hungry and thirsty and asked the bartender for ice water, and he was given a large cup, they knew him by name. This is why I do not like going to the city, any city. Makes me sad. For my family here, it is impossible for us to go hungry even when we have no actual money. We can hunt, fish, trap, grow whatever we want to grow. Totally a different life and almost like culture shock when I travel now.

I had a girlfriend once who let me borrow her car to go to a dentist appointment. The car blew up on the way (it was out of town, long story, but the car stopped running and smoke was blowing through the vents).

She told me to ignore the low oil warning symbols. She did, really. I was dumb then.

I feel really sorry about that. I hitchhiked back into town, and she cried when she saw me walking back to the house I was renting. I don't know how she knew, because we didn't have cell phones back then, but she knew her car was gone. I think she was more sorry for the skates in the trunk than anything. 4-wheeled skates, those kind. I don't remember her name now. I'm sorry for that too.

I'm working another 12 tomorrow. I'll join you with music, but I'm drinking soda. :)

Back